Download Flag Tosser

Belberith

Legions Developer
This allows players to practice flag catching and flagplay with very little setup time.
It is deployable using a keybind you have to set, and will toss a flag on command using another keybind.
It can also automatically toss flags in the specified direction every set number of seconds.

Full options list:
•On/off toggle (enable/disable automatic tossing)
•Flag related messages
•Time between tosses
•Intial throw speed
•Flag timeout time
•Horizontal and vertical tossing angles
•Maximum spread angle
•Maximum and minimum vertical tossing angles
Note: All angles are in degrees.

I have set limits on the values of some of the options. For example, the minimum time between tosses is 0.2 seconds so you can't crash Legions by tossing 1000 flags per second.
If you seem to be unable to set one of the angles to what you want, it may be caused by one of these limits. For example, you can't set the maximum vertical angle to be less than the minimum or current vertical angles since that doesn't make any sense. If this is the case simply lower the minimum and current vertical angles and try again.

Also, aiming the flags can take several minutes if you want to be precise. I have attempted to make this easier by tossing a "test" flag every time Apply Settings is clicked, regardless of whether automatic tossing is enabled.

If you find any bugs, PM me!

Download updated version here: http://www.mediafire.com/?9tw5y8m4ly30alr

Belberith

Legions Developer
I discovered one bug already in the displaying of the popup GUI: The buttons don't line up at all on most screen resolutions other than the one I'm using. This should be fixed soon.

ALSO: Huge thanks to Triad for helping me with debugging to get the flag timeout to work properly!

Belberith

Legions Developer
Came back to this and updated! It's much easier to use now as it's deployable with a keybind and will toss a flag with another keybind. (See updated OP)
It is deployable using a keybind you have to set, and will toss a flag on command using another keybind.
Download updated version here: http://www.mediafire.com/?9tw5y8m4ly30alr
Also, there is no extra art so anyone will be able to join your sever even if they don't have this installed (they just won't be able to interact with the flag tossers).

Belberith

Legions Developer
You have to press "Apply settings" every time you make changes to the settings, such as turning it on. If that's not the issue, I'll definitely take a look at it. When you walk up to it after you deploy it, can you see the gui pop up?

JedrekPl

You have to press "Apply settings" every time you make changes to the settings, such as turning it on. If that's not the issue, I'll definitely take a look at it. When you walk up to it after you deploy it, can you see the gui pop up?

but where is "apply settings"

Belberith

Legions Developer
Flag tosser settings.png
When you deploy it and walk up to it (I just used the ammo box shape) you should see this come up. Click on the values to change them (i.e. click "Disabled" to toggle it to "Enabled"). For your changes to be implemented you need to press "Apply settings" in the bottom right.