Fixys Fixes

Fixious

Test Lead
Remember the wind file that played back on IA? Just plop this in legions/game/client/scripts/client.cs, somewhere towards the end of the Client::joinServer function.

Code:
   $AmbientWindSound = sfxCreateSource(WindSound);
   $AmbientWindSound.setVolume(0.2);
   $AmbientWindSound.setPitch(0.6);
   $AmbientWindSound.setName(WindSoundSource);

I can't quite get it to stop and start between missions, so it'll just keep playing when looking at the mission loading screen, as well as if you exit the server. The volume is a bit too high, but you can adjust that in the code, along with the pitch.

edit: So apparently the volume code doesn't work. Perhaps it's best to leave this out, until someone figures out how to lower the volume at least (I suppose you could just make the file itself lower).

Last edited:

Fixious

Test Lead
You can modify Rockey's maShot script so instead of taking a screenshot it creates a demo bookmark.

Code:
addMessageCallback("MsgMidair", insertBookmark);

That's all that needs to be in the file. Place it in autoexec, as usual. Note that this will also create a demo whenever the MA is made during demo playback, but this shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited:

Fixious

Test Lead
goodnewseveryone.png

Figured out how to get rid of console spam and have health/energy during demo playback. Change the function above so it reads like this:

Code:
if($Client::IsConnected == 1 || $IsADemoPlayback == true)

Since the demo system was updated, this needed updating as well. To get health/energy bars back during demo playback change the above code (game/client/gui/scripts/gameUI.cs) to:

Code:
if ($Client::IsConnected == 1 || (isObject(ServerConnection) && serverconnection.isDemoPlaying()))

At the moment you'll get console spam after exiting a demo. Haven't looked into getting rid of that, since exiting a demo in general is a bit funky at the moment and needs polish.

Fixious

Test Lead
It seems my color blind updates messed up the prefs, and reset the values. Here's a fix if anyone cares...

6:51 PM - Fixious: open game\client\gui\scripts\gameOptions.cs
6:51 PM - Fixious: replace everything with this - http://pastebin.com/Uhp518Y2
6:51 PM - Fixious: save it
6:51 PM - Fixious: should fix your prefs not saving