[Feedback on changes] Core

I

IzRaPiDz

First of all just want to say thankyou for bringing gorge and Core.

You may hate me for this but if you have noticed on the core map there's nothen on it. The middle bit is took out, it's just a plane map with bases. No towers pearches or nothen, don't get me wrong it's a brill map but there is some stuff missing to it.

*Subject messed up***

DOS4/GW

Thanks for bringing Core back up, and for changing the coloring so you can actually see what you're aiming at.

Sadly, it is a bit dull. Might I suggests active volcanoes?

Daphinicus

Private Tester
Sadly, it is a bit dull.

Yes.

Might I suggests active volcanoes?

Sure, but it won't go anywhere; this is Torque we're talking about here. =)

Generally, though, bringing Core back was a (comparatively) quick thing, but we don't want to devote too much time to tweaking old maps.

Though, darn, I wish there was SOMETHING in the center of that map. It's sooooo painfully dull.

I

IzRaPiDz

Yes.

Sure, but it won't go anywhere; this is Torque we're talking about here. =)

Generally, though, bringing Core back was a (comparatively) quick thing, but we don't want to devote too much time to tweaking old maps.

Though, darn, I wish there was SOMETHING in the center of that map. It's sooooo painfully dull.

Ok, i understand. But in the future will tweaking to core be done?

The big pit in the middle made it a little easier to build up speed before the bases, And i dont know if you did anything to any other hills around the middle pit/behind bases, but i found some really nice routes around 180+ without rocket jumps. <3

However, I do miss purposely cratering into lava just to see the [insert player name here] lost the will to live. But im dark like that so..

fatboy

Please leave it as it is. There is absolutely no need for useless *chocolate cookies* cluttering the high traffic center of the map for all to crator into. With FPS+Z it has to be playability first, aesthetics second.

I would recommend printing out a picture of a large exploding volcano, and taping it above your computer monitor when playing Core, so it will appear there is always a very detailed large volcano in the background and also your monitor is 2x as big.

Dimitryy

maybe make a huge huge wall in the middle that only sideroutes can be used :)

its soooo easy to run a frontroute now, nothing that can stop you ....

Homingun

Gimme a more open flag stand dammit.

I do agree that it is a bit dull, more shadows IMO. Also, a bit more red sploches around the map should do the trick.

Mhi200

Was Buhlitz's thread on what changes the community wanted to core taken into account when these changes were made?