European Pickup Revival

stefygraff

Private Tester
Ive seen 14 players on a server today!

wink.jpg

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Oh Euro Legionnaire's, the time has come, at another attempt for a pickup. It shall be hosted on the private Eu server.

The Time & Date: THIS FRIDAY, 7 PM UK TIME (ADD 1 HOUR FOR MAINLAND EUROPE)

Gather your friends, get them to connect to Team Speak 3 (Details here), and prepare for the fight.

JedrekPl

Oh Euro Legionnaire's, the time has come, at another attempt for a pickup. It shall be hosted on the private Eu server.

The Time & Date: THIS FRIDAY, 7 PM UK TIME (ADD 1 HOUR FOR MAINLAND EUROPE)

Gather your friends, get them to connect to Team Speak 3 (Details here), and prepare for the fight.

Im in Wild :D

Crisis12096

Well, I'm glad the Euros are having pickups and all, but now Americans are having absolutely none. People would be satisfied if we did just one. The interest is just gone, it seems.

American Pickup Revival thread inevitable.

Fixious

Test Lead
Almost had one last night. 13 people joined. Then Angel started singing so I left, and it never happened (afaik).

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
We need to advertise more using the steam group and IRC, sometimes I'm kicking around but no one says anything on either so I have no idea a pickup might be nearly ready to start, I guess we just need to get the word out more.

Fixious

Test Lead
I dunno if the Steam thing really does anything. I used to advertise it but stopped a while ago. I didn't notice anyone joining after posting an announcement. I'll occasionally post about a PUG in IRC, but also don't notice much of a difference. If more users joined IRC, then maybe.

Advertising in pubs does most of the work.

Ness

Let's try making them regular, but not every day, just one day during week. I suggest Sunday evening, not many people are willing to stay home Friday/Saturday to play instead of going somewhere to get drunk after work.

Fixious

Test Lead
Well, there ended up being one last night actually. I'm not too fond of playing 2 then calling it a night until god knows when though. A best of 3 or 5 would be nice, given the teams are decent. Would certainly make things a bit smoother.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Yeah I agree Ness, but I don't believe sunday is the best day for it either. A couple of people suggested monday and I am inclined to agree that might be a pretty good day for them.

Well, there ended up being one last night actually. I'm not too fond of playing 2 then calling it a night until god knows when though. A best of 3 or 5 would be nice, given the teams are decent. Would certainly make things a bit smoother.

For you americans, sure, would certainly decrease the time it takes before a new game because your guys seem to talk for hours about anything else other than legions, I wouldn't suggest this for eu games though.