Elegiac Update on Public Test

OMGJuicebox

I agree with Haus this map has GREAT potential, I would prefer the map being a morning setting for CTF. Different style but very visible, and TDM can stay the same, I like the night map for TDM.

:);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:

there's nothing to depict that this map is actually set at night time.

Ditch the half-done night setting

I know what you mean but I was thinking they were going for a neon glow grass like out of Avatar, personally I think they should push it further in that direction. As it will allow everyone to see where they are skiing but still give us the variety of a night time map.

Id light the sky with some more stars and a distant moon glow with and asteroid belt or something, it is a far away planet with glow in the dark grass after all so cut the imagination loose I say :)

Again thanks, the new maps are all decent to excellent.

Now if you can just adjust the rotation so we see them more and the old ones less ? ? ? ? ? ?

the only small map I dont roll my eyes at every time I see it now is frost.

Armageddon

Teapot
So far ele and fallout are my new favorites, but ele has a few problems.

The night sky with daylight = Mentally handicapped (being polite), Go dark or make it another daylight map, in between isn't working .
And the slide is more of a rabbits nest now. 2 players goto the top with the flag and you never see it again.

FatElvis

First - Again thanks to the Devs for adding new map content...it's the one thing (IMHO) we need the most to keep interest in this game and re-energize competition play.

My thoughts on Elegiac:
Size of the map: OK - bigger than needed. Probably too big to be ideal for TDM.
Ski-ability: Very Good
Flag Stand: Excellent (really like the structure enclosing the flag)
Environment: Dislike.
I see it's night time with player focused spotlight. I suspect you are trying something new for variety...but...I think it weakens the play-ability. Perhaps it helps avoid distance snipers...not sure. Would like to see this map in the DAY LIGHT just so we can survey the terrain better - learn routes - and truly see the size of the map.

Last thought - I think Frostbyte is most people's favorite. Reason - small and simple. Keeps the flag constantly off the stand and leads to exciting last second returns/grabs/caps. Need a few maps of that size with flags ideally just sitting on the ground (no walls/towers/barricades).

Just my opinion. I'm sure others will have more. Again, thanks for the map. Keep em coming.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Personally, I really liked radiofriendly's 'valley' idea for Elegiac. I could see it being very pretty with the aesthetic he described.

Metreon

I like this map. Very well done, and now that I'm not getting uber-lag on it I'm really enjoying it. The "parking garage" in the center is a nice touch, and the slides and walls are pretty cool. Bases are much easier to defend, which is cool, and the enclosed nature of the map is something I've been waiting to see (remembered me of MW4 arenas a bit.)

I would say it is a unique map and warrants keeping as is for CTF. Shrink it a bit, and you have a really good FFA or TDM map.

Radio does make a good point about the lighting through. Perhaps adding lights to the slide towers, or darkening the map to give the impression of moonlight or bright starlight (personally, giving the impression of a red giant in the distance would make for an eerie and cool aura.)

Noober

i love this map... it's harder than others for flag carriers but it's a good new in legions map, i hope it will be live soon!

i know that my english is bad, sorry :p

GReaper

Grumpy
Public testing for this map has ended, but we're not adding it to live servers just yet.

We're currently a bit busy with other updates which are taking priority, however we'll be revisiting Elegiac soon.

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
Public testing for this map has ended, but we're not adding it to live servers just yet.

We're currently a bit busy with other updates which are taking priority, however we'll be revisiting Elegiac soon.
LEEKS PLEASE