Dual core

Jaymyster

So this is an idea I've been meaning to express to the community for sometime. I'm well aware we've already been given a wonderful selection of new and awesome cores to choose from in-game, but I truly think this core would be a perfect finisher to our current selection.

Here's the idea, basically choosing the dual core will give the players an opportunity to choose two cores but at half (or significantly reduced) efficiency. There would most likely be a required additional key to be pressed to allow the switch between the two cores (with X amount of delay before allowed core use set by the devs if desired). As for a visual, I would imagine a ying-yangey circulation of the two symbols of the cores chosen.

Just some ideas I've had for how the cores would operate under the dual core:

Overdrive: Decreased overdrive speed or increased minimum speed required for use. Perhaps increased health depletion as well. Potential increased cool down. Another option would be putting a 3 second (or so) cap on how long it can be used with a higher rate of health depletion when compared to the overdrive core itself.

Regeneration: Simply half efficiency or loss of ability to heal teammates.

Shield core: Half efficiency. (many dynamics behind shield core. The specifics of reducing efficiency would most likely be determined more in depth by the devs)

Boost core: Half or decreased efficiency. Maybe increase of health depletion, loss of speed gained, or combination of both. Potential increased cool down.

Dodge core: Half or decreased dodge distance and/or increased cool down time.

The Engineer core obviously isn't an option for this dual core idea.

Whether or not cores can be switched during one of the core's cool down (so that the other core can possibly still be used) is an idea that's still up in the air. There's much more feedback that can be added to this notion that I encourage you all to do so.

Also, if any devs have an idea as to how potentially difficult this idea would be to code, I'd appreciate it if you could share.

Jello

Contributor
I admit its a very good idea, but having 2 cores is somewhat OP (depending on the 2 cores chosen) for instance, regeneration and shield is just crazy, boost plus regeneration is another one, the core that people will mostly be using is regeneration, plus whatever else core they choose, in all honesty this is a very good idea, I'm not going against it I'm actually for something like this in legions, (not necessarily) but it would attract some attention and players will want to play more :) good idea .

Jaymyster

I admit its a very good idea, but having 2 cores is somewhat OP (depending on the 2 cores chosen) for instance, regeneration and shield is just crazy, boost plus regeneration is another one, the core that people will mostly be using is regeneration, plus whatever else core they choose, in all honesty this is a very good idea, I'm not going against it I'm actually for something like this in legions, (not necessarily) but it would attract some attention and players will want to play more :) good idea .

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. As for a certain combination of cores potentially becoming OP: considering the devs are fully in control of the extent to which they decrease the efficiency of cores, that should not be a worry.

Maxter

I think something like this is best implemented in the next iteration of Legions, i.e. on Unity. Legions: Overdrive in my opinion better off sticking to single core gameplay. It's still fast and everyone is enjoying it, I just don't think it should go through another huge overhaul and balance session. Just my two cents.

Jaymyster

I think something like this is best implemented in the next iteration of Legions, i.e. on Unity. Legions: Overdrive in my opinion better off sticking to single core gameplay. It's still fast and everyone is enjoying it, I just don't think it should go through another huge overhaul and balance session. Just my two cents.

I would assume this wouldn't take place until the later future either, I mean the engineer core isn't even in game currently so there's definitely more feedback needed on some of the things we have already. Regardless of timing though, it's really not our decision anyway; so hopefully some people can at least add some more constructive criticism/ideas to the concept itself in the meantime.