Draft Tournament.

Discussion in 'Competition' started by Doomsify, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Doomsify

Doomsify Member

I want to get this started by next month. Is that okay with everyone?

2. Dino

Dino Member

I'll play ;)

3. Doomsify

Doomsify Member

So far we got 17 people interested. Thats not as bad as I thought it would be. And I know more people on PuG night show up that havent put their name down yet, so I will see if some of them are interested. If anyone knows anyone else interested, let me know.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  4. 57thEnryu

57thEnryu Member

well we need like 11 more for 4 full teams or 7...I put a message for the old legions players on the 57th to see if i can get some of them involved but no responses so far...

Doomsify likes this.
  5. Doomsify

Doomsify Member

If anyone else can try to get people, tell them to comment on here. Thanks Enryu

6. tree

tree Member

I'd be down to play, although I can't really play any later than the start time of the Saturday evening PUGs.

Doomsify likes this.
  7. Doomsify

Doomsify Member

name i should put down?

8. Xzanth

Xzanth Legions Developer

thecaptaintea

tree and Doomsify like this.
  9. yami

yami Private Tester

A previous time that someone did this they tried to have the whole tourney over a single weekend. It was a clusterfuck, games started late, tons of people couldn't be found come game time, I remember most teams were comprised entirely of ringers, teams advancing through forfeits...

I think the best way to run it would be to stretch it out over the next few months, don't try to do all the games in a weekend or 2. Set the bracket and give a 3 week deadline, each team must schedule with their opponent and complete the game (or series) before the deadline.

Or you could schedule 1 matchup every Saturday night, same time as the weekly pugs. It would be exciting, but might not consistently work with every team members' schedules.

If you are not going to also pick alternates for each team (which we don't really have enough players to do that), you need to have a method for subs, because real life happens. I suggest that you keep track of what round every player is picked in, and subs are allowed only if they are from a later round than the person they are subbing for. If a team is more subs than original players, auto-forfeit.

Also need to hammer out some rules (double hof? boost core llama drama? dodge core? how to choose map and side)

+2cents

Dragonz11111111 and Dino like this.
  10. Doomsify

Doomsify Member

I agree. Lets just see how many people i get before we get it started.

11. blabla12

blabla12 New Member

( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮ TOURNAMENT B O Y Z ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

BlackHawk and Doomsify like this.
  12. Pilotkiwii

Pilotkiwii pipeChamp

Put me in, coach

Doomsify likes this.
  13. RisingSun

RisingSun Private Tester

Yar add rising to da list and what is the date this will be happening ?

14. Doomsify

Doomsify Member

I will let everyone know. Need to get more people, you know?

15. Doomsify

Doomsify Member

If anyone has anymore questions, add me on Steam. It's PapaKoffee

16. Poponfu

Poponfu Lead Developer

putmeincoach

Doomsify likes this.
  17. Doomsify

Doomsify Member

In

In

18. Doomsify

Doomsify Member

If anyone is interested in captaining let me know. Almost got enough for 4 teams

19. Armageddon

Armageddon Teapot

I was GOAT :) it was fun. I'd be up for it but im so out of play.. I'll be the fat kid picked last in doge ball. Someones gotta hold up the bottom.

TylerMarket likes this.
  20. Doomsify

Doomsify Member

so you in or out?