Dodge Core and llamaing

Should the dodge core be nerfed in any sort of way?

• Total voters

Vox

I've noticed more and more often now, that people are using the dodge core to llama the flag.
This should really be fixed, because it's annoying when people do this.
If I'm chasing, I don't want to have some asshole llama the flag using the dodge core because it ruins the fun of chasing, because they go slow and that takes the fun away of going on the high speed chase to get the flag back. I'd rather constantly miss and make the good effort to chase then to easily hit the llama and get the flag back.

How to fix it, well I'd say disable the dodge core when grabbing and when holding the flag.
I don't know if disabling the dodge core when grabbing is possible, but at least disable it when someones holding the flag maybe?

Fixious

Test Lead
Dodge llamas only hurt their team (other than e-grabs). They can't get anywhere. If they get back to their base or even midfield, your chasers are pretty bad. Also, EMP! No one uses these damn things other than myself (fixing the OD bug would be really, really nice though). They can be very useful depending on the map.

Disabling it while holding the flag is a better discussion I think, as you noted. Dodge and Shield may need to be removed from flag carriers. Then give them the ability to throw frag or EMP nades.

Reactions: Vox

tree

I can quite easily cap with it ( even though I hate it ) even when there are 2 or more chasers. Dodge makes it harder because it is slow, and if a capper comes in at high speed then dodges backwards a few seconds later, you've lost most of your health to a superboost. You don't *need* to use the dodge core at all in legions, just learn how to aim/move and you'll find you won't get groundpounded unless somebody else is truly better than you. Same goes for shield.

Vox

I can quite easily cap with it ( even though I hate it ) even when there are 2 or more chasers. Dodge makes it harder because it is slow, and if a capper comes in at high speed then dodges backwards a few seconds later, you've lost most of your health to a superboost. You don't *need* to use the dodge core at all in legions, just learn how to aim/move and you'll find you won't get groundpounded unless somebody else is truly better than you. Same goes for shield.

Here's the thing, unless you're a complete noob who doesn't know how to cap without llamaing, you shouldn't be llamaing the flag at all unless you are doing an e-grab. With the dodge core, people just dodge into the flag to avoid the 1 point liability for llamaing and then they just leave the base very slow. They aren't hard to kill, but they just constantly do it over and over and it is a burden to the llama's team and the enemy's team, for it stops the good cappers from entering the base to grab the flag, and it just becomes a nuisance in general.

Pure

Dodge core is a pointless core in general, it's just annoying imo and don't nerf it by increasing the cooldown but by making it use like 3/4 of the energy, it makes sense since you move really fast for short time.

Maxter

Don't think Dodge core is pointless. It would've been a nice and handy core if it just did what it was supposed to do, i.e. just dodging, nothing more, nothing less. Instead it gives players unfair advantage by being an absolute flag grabber/returner as long as the flag's in range. Being able to return/pickup a flag during a scramble is some of the things which requires actual skill and timing in this game. That doesn't happen much anymore thanks to this core.

I previously suggested in a thread that I made, that the damage absorb and the flag pickup/return abilities while in sphere mode be removed from the core, while further enhancing it's dodging capabilities(like an ability to wall bounce, dodging without axis restrictions). But that idea was shot down by people telling me that I just hate the core and that I was suggesting the changes so my own gameplay could be better.

As far as llamaing goes, people llama with almost every other core, these days with boost core being the most popular. Shield and Dodge come second. Hopefully the Engineer core will be an answer to all the llamaing issues.

In any case, I suggest a complete final review of the game be in order, once the devs added all that they want to the game. There are still some weapons which are OP and UP, and a few problems with some cores too, not to mention many bugs and glitches.

Now, I don't have a clue about what goes on in the private tester forums, only that some game changing discussions start and end there without the rest of the guys knowing what happened and why. Therefore, I ask the devs to include the rest of the community members in the group from now on. There is no more need for "private testing" this game as there is not much to be added. I do not want this because I want to place my foot inside your "circle", but because threads like these can have everyone expressing their opinions on them, and providing a closure to their questions.

Fixious

Test Lead
Now, I don't have a clue about what goes on in the private tester forums, only that some game changing discussions start and end there without the rest of the guys knowing what happened and why. Therefore, I ask the devs to include the rest of the community members in the group from now on. There is no more need for "private testing" this game as there is not much to be added. I do not want this because I want to place my foot inside your "circle", but because threads like these can have everyone expressing their opinions on them, and providing a closure to their questions.

We still have to test the next attempt at Engineer (whenever that is). Whether it'll be public or private is anyone's guess. I'd support a more open approach with the community, but that isn't up to me.

Jaymyster

Dodge core has changed legions forever, and in my opinion; greatly for the better. A number of people have heard my explanation for this, but I have yet to say it on forums for the community to relate to.

The vast majority of damage dealt in legions has almost always been from ground&pounds. It's the most convenient form of damage due to the much wider radius of potential damage it gives a player as opposed to mid-air combat. So essentially, the majority of damage dealt (or that was dealt at least) in legions comes from waiting for your enemies to fall. And personally, I would always find that to be one of the lamest and most ignored truths about legions. Regardless of how swift your movement is mid-air, everyone has to fall, and that possibility of damage being dealt to you will always be there if you're not falling behind blockage. Sure jet conservation can be an argued tactic; but I've always felt (and I'm sure others do too) that G&Ps have always given too rewarding of an outcome for simply waiting for your enemy to fall.

What dodge core has done is finally give players an opportunity to do something about it. Not only does it protect users from being fall targets, but it also has also forced players to learn to rely more on mid-air combat instead. That being said, I believe the more specific question we should be asking is whether or not the flag carrier should be more vulnerable to G&Ps.

---------------------------------------------
As for considering the community's opinions on a more serious level; as great as that sounds to me, unfortunately I'm quite sure it would likely result in a lot of people saying "well I think this!"... The truth of the matter is, there are currently too many variables that have an effect on everyone's opinion. (This applies to the private testers as well) Ping being the primary reason, lack of organized games being the secondary; unless everyone is playing organized games on an equal playing field, our opinions are likely to fall short of what will actually be of most importance to the game legions is trying to be. Having people of varying disadvantages (ping wise) playing in public games that will never contain the same amount of communication or seriousness as an organized one will only result in people feeling very strongly about their distinct perspective. So yes, this basically means we will always fall short of the most effective feedback until both of those conditions are met. I hate thinking about it, but it's true.

Skutki

The people that hate dodge for llamaing and whine about llamas in general are wanna-be heroic pwn-dem-all LO that will never form a consistent or organized defence.