Discussions that'll end up going in circles

Would this sort of FAQ be worth the effort?

• Yes

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe, leaning towards Yes

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Not really, leaning towards No

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

MJ1284

I've seen plenty of discussions in Legions forums (yes, that includes IA forums as well) where people end up going in circles, using same arguments in different topics until moderator locks the topic. Not only is it tedious to read it also occupies moderators precious time to handle with each of these topic.

So how about we make a list of different subjects and poll up most commonly used arguments that are both supporting and against the subject? It would be similar to "Legions FAQ", except it would focus on forum topics instead... maybe we could call it "Legions forum FAQ"?

I'll see if I can clarify my suggestion with an example:

"Bring back old sniper rifle":

- LR was changed because it encouraged people to camp on hills and O-Snipe all day long, new LR is geared for Base Defenders.
- Old LR isn't coming back. Testers & devs did loads of testing on how it could be tweaked to be more in line with other weapons in terms of power (ie. no more 1 hit kill with Splash Radius -BS).
- The current LR will most likely be changed as Legions development goes onward, let's not get stuck in certain build's LR folks!

Application-1

test bester
Good idea but i dont think it will be that effective because for them nooby people it is hard to use the search function :|

A2

Those kinds of threads are made mainly by guys newly signing up to the forums, and not bothering to search for the topic first.
Not a bad idea at all.

I like this. *signed*

I'd suggest that we add entries for each one where the argument is basically over and all remaining posts are just restating what has been said before.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
I'm not fully behind it since I simply don't know what good it will do since the majority of those posters are new and oblivious.

Esuke-L

Atleast implementing it as a stickie would likely reduce the amount of useless non-checked topics..not EVERY new person is so oblivious.