Disappearing flag - Bugged flag stand

moronval

Private Tester
Someone with what must be retardedly high ping (despite showing up as 78 on the esc menu) was trying to grab our flag, as he was approaching the flag at a blistering 20 m/s he received a direct hit from a rocket, which sent him off to the side of the flag. However, thanks to the wonders of interpolation, for a split second he looked like he had continued on his path toward and through our flag stand (which would've resulted in him grabbing the flag). However he clearly was, after his real position was updated, off to the side of the flag stand - yet his HUD icon showed that he was holding the flag and our flag stand's HUD icon showed up empty. So I proceeded to kill him thinking he had our flag, when he died however he didn't drop a flag so I thought I had seen something wrong and turned back to our base to check our flag stand's HUD. It said the flag was home already so I respawned and went back in position to defend. But the next capper to get through went right through the flag stand, apparently the lagging capper had caused the flag to disappear from the game and for the flag stand to think there was no flag in it. Our team was able to cap however while the enemy team was not.

Velocity

Legions2010-12-2218-46-29-54.jpg

BestCharmie

Yea, I've seen a server with a "invisible" flag. (-.-)

I was capping..then..I came back to base..I just realized..."WHERE THE HECK IS OUR FLAG?!"

Eh. That's just weird.