Different map styles

Stubbsy

Contributor
Hi! I just want to ask the community a question.

This game has a few new maps now, but people just want to play the older maps (e.g: Frosty). Why is this? I personally think it's nice to have a change. Even is the map doesn't have good routes, or perfect skiing hills, it's nice to have a challenge and a map that requires teamwork.

We now have a map editor, and that's a good opportunity to create maps with different kind of styles.

Fixious

Test Lead
I'd say a large part of this has to do with the fact that we generally have the same captains every week, and they choose maps they're comfortable and familiar with. If there's a map you want to see played, step up and captain.

Stubbsy

Contributor
I'd say a large part of this has to do with the fact that we generally have the same captains every week, and they choose maps they're comfortable and familiar with. If there's a map you want to see played, step up and captain.
Sorry, didn't make myself clear. I don't necessarily mean just pugs.

Also, if you want to loose, then choose me as captain.

Fixious

Test Lead
Well Ucan's new map will likely be added before the next PUG night, and I'd certainly consider it a 'challenge' to ski on (rougher than Qualm and Core. Seriously, the Smooth tool exists for a reason)....