demos not working!!!

xlr8434

ive been trying to record a demo i turned it on and it says there are files but they dont work ive tried waiting for like 15 min just for one demo and didnt work! theres no bar that tells you if its loading or not

Vox

The demos that won't load are lost causes unfortunately.
However, for future recording here's what you want to do
Copy this code onto your clip board
demorecording::startrecording( )
As soon as you join a game, hit both the "ctrl" key and the "~"(the wierd 1 under the esc key") key at the same time.
Once you do that, click the white box on the bottom(the one where you can type stuff) and paste the code thing. If you don't know already, "ctrl" + the v key pastes things.
Once you paste it, hit enter and then hit the same two keys you used to get into the console commands to get out of them.
To stop the demo, just leave the game and then you can go and view the demo. Best way to find out which demo is which is to go into your recordings folder and right clicking each demo and going into properties.
live/legions/data/recordings
^thats the path(or w.e its called) to get to the demos.
However, if you want to record another demo, you have to close out legions(not the launcher, only legions) and re open it and do the same process again to record demos.

Fixious

Test Lead
Question: Does it make any difference if you play a full game that officially ends or leave one prematurely (for either the default method or the copy/paste method)?

Triad

Legions Developer

That command must be pasted and entered before you see "Mapping String: StartMissionDownload to index: " or else the demo won't load.

JedrekPl

The demos that won't load are lost causes unfortunately.
However, for future recording here's what you want to do
Copy this code onto your clip board
As soon as you join a game, hit both the "ctrl" key and the "~"(the wierd 1 under the esc key") key at the same time.
Once you do that, click the white box on the bottom(the one where you can type stuff) and paste the code thing. If you don't know already, "ctrl" + the v key pastes things.
Once you paste it, hit enter and then hit the same two keys you used to get into the console commands to get out of them.
To stop the demo, just leave the game and then you can go and view the demo. Best way to find out which demo is which is to go into your recordings folder and right clicking each demo and going into properties.
live/legions/data/recordings
^thats the path(or w.e its called) to get to the demos.
However, if you want to record another demo, you have to close out legions(not the launcher, only legions) and re open it and do the same process again to record demos.

what when my demos doesnt want to open...?

JedrekPl

That command must be pasted and entered before you see "Mapping String: StartMissionDownload to index: " or else the demo won't load.

Mate what if it loading too fast....I cant even press crtl+v... :mad:

Levi

The worst thing is that I;ve got few great demos but I cant open them... :<
Same! So many great shots.... So many bugs...

Damn, how many seconds we got to type in demorecording::startrecording till we see that Mapping String thing

Jello

Contributor
ummm....what do i do if it says ConsoleDetail :: Print - Invalid level argument when i copied and paste demorecording::startrecording( )?

Fixious

Test Lead
If you're trying to record demos in 1.40 pub test, it won't work at all. Currently only Live supports demo recording.

Jello

Contributor
Still saying same thing even though if updated launcher, restarted my PC and etc.....:( I don't know y but it only working for pub test not live