Dangerous Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royalty

The Aussie
Double typed words:
Thereforre, iss aa ddream whhen II dowwn iinto thhe duust nnoise oof thhe aand brainn annd musccles, constaant mmade othhers seee visionns truue. whho ddream iin dustyy theeir mindds thhe dday findd thhat vvanity.

Double typed letters:
rsadh I wihunohanacamhenuhdiyedhddhv
With double typed words removed:
This,faded of the time went and Eastern market-place, with my with sweat and thinking, my coming. Those by night the recesses of wake in to all was; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.

I can't see anything significant in this analysis...
What do you guys think (especially Fixious and Arma, you guys did pretty well in Lesson 1)?

SOLVE IT GOGOGOGOGOGOGO (I WANT UPDATE)
Legions will still be *chocolate cookies* in 300 ping...

Belberith

Legions Developer
I think the part with the full paragraph is done, and the next step has something to do with the repeated letters, specifically Dreamer's post:
The list of all the duplicated letters:
rsadhIwihunohanncamhenuhdiyedhddhv

And by line:
rsad
hIwihu
noha
nnca
mhenu
hdiy
edhd
dhv
Edit: By the way I haven't actually solved this one yet so I truly am merely speculating.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
Double typed words:

With double typed words removed:
This,faded of the time went and Eastern market-place, with my with sweat and thinking, my coming. Those by night the recesses of wake in to all was; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.

SOLVE IT GOGOGOGOGOGOGO (I WANT UPDATE)
Legions will still be *chocolate cookies* in 300 ping...
This could possibly be it. There was some chatter a while ago about getting ownership of Legions from IAC. Could this be it? It's a possibility, anyways.

stefygraff

Private Tester
This could possibly be it. There was some chatter a while ago about getting ownership of Legions from IAC. Could this be it? It's a possibility, anyways.

Very interesting take-over :). But im not really that confident about it happening so soon:(

yami

Private Tester
i agree with the double letters, again could it possibly be as simple (unsimple) as a bastardized multi word scramble? it would be about 5-10 words and thus would be pretty ridiculous to expect anyone to unscramble it, but i wouldn't put it past him. i took a minute to look for words that might be related to legions, i found menu, dead, died, camera, hover, race, menu, core. i can't really get any farther on this path without some serious thinking.

another idea could be to think of stuff we don't have that has been talked about, such as persistent stat tracking, vehicles, map editor, training mode, some sort of new weapon, new maps, or a new class? i mean most of us know what sort of things we would like to see in this game and what would work well, i doubt that the answer to this riddle is something that we haven't discussed in the forums. we could try to force the letters to fit with one of those things

stefygraff

Private Tester
jude-law-as-the-riddler-batman-8241665-494-700.jpg

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
so I talked with Bugs a little bit about the lesson two part one passage last night. He wasn't too helpful, the one hint he gave was that it required abstract thinking. The movie he pulled this quote from was called "Dangerous Man" the title of the puzzle is "Dangerous Men" plural. Then, there are the doubled letters. One possibility could simply be that the plurality is the solution to the puzzle, ie: a decoy function making snipers and HoF's "See Double" It doesn't seem like it should be that simple, though...

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
You know how the film Prometheus made multiple references to Lawrence of Arabia with the android David, could it possibly be something concerning prometheus or even bots?

Status
Not open for further replies.