Crater [Map]

Mhi200

Ok I missed that bit, but I still think that 'however long they take' would need to be tested to see if it works ;)

w00tyou

I think the TV map "crater" should be in legions. exactly your idea but the bases are like

Attachments

• TV_CD_DVD 2010-12-09 19-13-08-18.jpg
    TV_CD_DVD 2010-12-09 19-13-08-18.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 27

anak

VIP
i mapped terrain with a simple system of ramps and ditches, but with actual viable bases instead of rockets. it's very hard to make a map with a lot of hills that are both skiiable and small and versatile, all in one map. in torque.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
I don't doubt that. If the terrain was somewhat random though, then it might just be capable of being a dynamic field. What I mean here is that there are a series of routes, but they are set at different and somewhat random angles and cross one another. I don't know how difficult this would be, but it might work.

The most direct routes would probably be a chord-like path across the crater at an angle of 60 degrees or so to compensate for the movement of the other base.

w00tyou

what i'm saying is that bases like that should be in ur map
more terrain...

Attachments

• TV_CD_DVD 2010-12-09 19-12-59-18.jpg
    TV_CD_DVD 2010-12-09 19-12-59-18.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 17

DarkDanny

I like the thought of this and all, but first let Bugs and all them get legions online first, then they can work on this stuff; plus i think the spinning bases would be difficult and time consuming to make them spin around the map. This probably (if ever) will be a map that will be later on after legions is online.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Oh, yes. This isn't a priority idea. No map idea is. The idea is simply to get it out there. I came up with it, so I posted it. If/when it gets into the game, it will be much further down the line.

Baneful

Wouldn't a cap route be changed every time the base rotates? I can imagine the chaos of a high velocity legions player crashing into the base.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
you'd have to compensate for that. There's a good deal of modification someone can make to a route during the middle of it.

Baneful

I like the idea of changing your route. I think it'll train a lot of new and experienced players on capping.