Mabeline

God-Tier
fixitgreaper.jpg

ISP: Cablevision/Optimum Online
Speed: 30/5mbit

FIX IT GREAPER

Mabeline

God-Tier
It didn't fix the problem. Just put a Band-Aid on it.
It's not a band-aid. Two things were broken, how the client handles dropping a large amount of packets, and the server (which drops large amounts of packets). I fixed the client, but the server still gets viciously desynced from the client.

Seems it might be related to my computer as I just had the crash on the SG server :(

brand new (and expensive) machine with a clean install and Im still having problems, *dance* windows and all the companies involved with the endless compatibility issues.

If I ever quit legions Im selling it and then mac only for life.

but before I do, anyone have another suggestion to trouble shoot the issue :)

GReaper

Grumpy
Considering what you said earlier:

I am getting this as well except my 10 second pauses are often followed by a system crash.

Sorry, but our servers aren't going to make your system crash. If your machine is crashing badly then you've got other issues to solve.

Your pingplotter results didn't really show much of a problem.

Snooks

I was having this problem. I'm also from the Toronto area using Rogers Cable services, but that shouldn't matter too much. I'm running Windows 7. All I did to fix the issue was right click on the Legions.exe, go to the Compatibility tab. Check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" Select "Windows XP Service Pack 3". Then below, check "Run This Program as an Administrator"... Do the same for Launcher.exe, but I don't think that one matters.

If you are not using Windows 7, I'm sure if you updated to Service Pack 3 it should fix the issue.

Update: It fixed it for every server except Justice #3.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
Update: It fixed it for every server except Justice #3.

All the justice servers are running off the same box; thus, if you're good on one of them, you're good on all of them. If you're good on all but Justice #3, it's possible the problem has become intermittent enough for you to not bother you most of the time -- which is encouraging! But it also tells us the problem isn't fixed. =/

We really are sorry folks keep having issues with Justice, and we ARE working on resolving those issues!

Snooks

Thanks, Daph... Yea it was just bad luck that #3 kicked the issue in gear. Definitely all the Justice servers. I honestly don't think what I suggested will do anything at all, lol.

I will be waiting! Gl with that.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
Check out this thread; GReap's working on finding a new North American server host, but we need everyone's help to see what works and what doesn't.