Client Freeze Bug

U8er

First of all I'd like to thank Mabel for taking the time and energy to look into this problem and patch it when from what I know of, very few people were affected by it. However, this may just be me with the problem at this point in time, I'll "freeze" after an average smooth gameplay time of 5-20 seconds for up to 2-3 minutes at a time. While it will come to pass eventually now, the length of time that it takes to do so and the frequency which it occurs makes playing on the Justice servers still completely impractical for me. :(

My question, is if anyone else is being affected by this problem still this severely and if there is anything that can be done about it? Edit: Something else is happening since the patch was released that never occurred before in the Justice servers: I can skii around, but I cannot shoot. After some time I'll snap back to where ever it was I was before I started moving. I can be killed by someone shooting where my original position was during that point in time.

GReaper

Grumpy
Moved to Bug Reports.

Please read diagnosing network related issues and follow the instructions. This thread is worthless without more details of the problem. In this weeks that we've had the Justice servers up, we haven't had anyone giving us a traceroute of their connection to the server.

If you want the problem solved, we need data.

U8er

My sincere apologies for making such an incomplete post, not to mention in the wrong section of the forum. I'll get on that. :oops:

57thRomance

A number of (mostly east coast, NY-NJ area and Canada) are experiencing this problem (screen freezes, can hear what's going on but you can't play until you leave and rejoin) on the new Justice servers. That might also be your problem. You can play on the Hotswaps or Euros right now to avoid this.
Is this your problem? The most recent release of the client has fixed this problem as far as I'm concerned. I've had the problem as well, so when I get the chance I'll go back on Legions and play around on the Justice servers a bit.

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
Is this your problem? The most recent release of the client has fixed this problem as far as I'm concerned. I've had the problem as well, so when I get the chance I'll go back on Legions and play around on the Justice servers a bit.
Do you even read the OP before you post?

U8er

Pickering, ON. Canada
ISP : Rogers Cable
Download: 6338 Kbps or 6.3 Mbps (792 kB/s) Upload: 981 Kbps or 1 Mbps (123 kB/s)
Connected via physical network card, running to a Belkin F7D1301 wireless router.
ltgG7.png

If there is anything at all that I've missed here or could provide please let me know.
I'm sure it would help to get your feedback and info when you have the time to, Romance. That would be great.
Also, no worries Daph, I'd be a tad grumpy too if I was in his position and someone was posting a problem and asking for help
without providing the necessary information. :p I'll be thorough as possible initially if I create a similar post in the future.

GReaper

Grumpy
Perfect! Grumpy Reaper is no longer so grumpy!

Just need more people from more locations/ISPs to provide similar data.

Dabbleh

Legions Developer
I used to get this problem when I used my Wireless USB Adapter. Jus' sayin', could be the problem for someone.

Propkid

I'll repeat what I've said before in another thread: I had this issue and a modem change + screaming at my ISP have resolved it.

Hawk

Having the same problem, but sometimes a more stable connection. Using a wireless network adapter.

Hannibal

Firstly,
Thank you Mabeline for your efforts.

I have the same issue U8ber is having, constant freezing. My problem started the day of the server changes. Out of 20 minutes play time ranges from 5-10 minutes. The rest of the time the game is playing catch up for the time it froze.. often times i can move my character to as far as the enemy base, my guns disabled completely although i do hear my rocket fire but don't see the explosions.
Seldomly, I recieve the message : "Connection to the server TimedOut"

Anyways, Hope this helps:

London, ON
ISP: Rogers [Cable] -Connected over a physical network card
Download speed: 10 Mb/s
Upload: .25 Mb/s

All drivers up to date and computer exceeds requirements.

Attachments

• justice.legionsoverdrive.com.png
    justice.legionsoverdrive.com.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 7
I am getting this as well except my 10 second pauses are often followed by a system crash. I have re installed win7 and the latest Ati driver with nothing else on it. I managed to play a few hours atleast without any pauses or crashes and thought the problem was fixed, then today at the justice server I crashed instantly (previously I had been at the singapore one but had played a bit on justice with out problems I think.

its been months now, this is really sucking!

ISP: Adam internet upload .8 download 6.7 via ethernet.
Adelaide city south Australia

On this occasion I did get a system crash but did get the 10 sec freeze after which I stopped recording with ping plotter straight after.

Attachments

• justice.legionsoverdrive.com.png
    justice.legionsoverdrive.com.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 3

GReaper

Grumpy
I am getting this as well except my 10 second pauses are often followed by a system crash. I have re installed win7 and the latest Ati driver with nothing else on it. I managed to play a few hours atleast without any pauses or crashes and thought the problem was fixed, then today at the justice server I crashed instantly (previously I had been at the singapore one but had played a bit on justice with out problems I think.

Your traceroute shows a small amount of packet loss along the route to the server, but the server is giving you zero packet loss. Did you actually have any issues ingame in the 10 minutes before this screenshot was taken?

yep, 10 sec frame freeze, then a resume, then a teleported back to where I was before that. the pauses are happening every 10 minutes now.

I did start n stop ping plotter a few times as I played and had no problems but then resumed it before my last session and as soon as it paused then resumed I left legions stopped ping plotter and sent the file.

legions is un playable for me apart from when I DM on the singapore server with only 1 other on it.

Whats happening with that server by the way, id of thought after your first month of payement was up you would have either upgraded it or gotten rid of it?

Its a waste of your money and players time as it is unless there are only 2 players on it.

I guess the strangly hi ping players close to it (280 ms +for Karnage in Korea) get has you in two minds about it?
I ping 130 to it at home but the other day I was on another ISP and I pinged 80 to it constantly, pretty amazing considering Im the furthest point from it in Australia.

It didn't fix the problem. Just put a Band-Aid on it.

Tried Pingplotter GReaper, got a "Destination Address Unreachable." No typos.