Cannot get the launcher to finish install!

Status
Not open for further replies.

liberator23

Hello forums, I am having a problem with the launcher currently. If I run it normally it will get stuck with both green bars completely filled and the status title is :"Updating file(1/1): live.zip" and if I run as administrator I get stuck with both green bars filled completely again, and the status title is "Installing..." If I check the live.zip file it will either get stuck around 6 or 11 MB's. I know that this is not close to the actual size of the game. So much help is appreciated. Last night I left it on installing overnight, and eight hours later when I woke up the live.zip hadn't gained any size and it was still at installing. All help is appreciated, and many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• auth_log.txt
    597 bytes · Views: 6

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
One way to get around this might be by 'tricking' the installer that its already downloaded the game by getting the legions files from somewhere else.

Unfortunately, I don't have the capability to upload 150 mb of game files.

Try re downloading the launcher as well, just to check.

Well for one, leaving your computer on all night in hopes of installing just wouldn't work, because if it goes into "sleep mode" then it basically does nothing to save energy until your ready to use it.

As for your problem, try making sure your .NET, and service packs are up to date, and make sure your firewall/anti virus gives the launcher full access [so it won't accidentally block it thinking its malicious]

Let me know how that turns out

... Unfortunately, I don't have the capability to upload 150 mb of game files. ...

I'll see if i can upload a fresh copy of the live folder for him.

EDIT: Compressing a new live folder auth.log and console thing from the main folder.

liberator23

well the thing with my computer is that if there's a program open then it wont go into standby. And I'm not sure about how to update my .NET and service packs, but I'm fairly sure that there up to date. For my firewall I dont think that it will block an application. It hasn't for anything in the past. So I'm not really sure whats wrong...
frown.png

Alright, well try this then.

I've got what you need [apart from the launcher]

http://rapidshare.com/files/444728746/liveandsuch.zip

right there. all you need to do is:

Make a folder called Legions Overdrive.
Place the Launcher you downloaded in the Legions Overdrive folder
Extract that .zip file INTO the legions overdrive folder
run the launcher, and update here of its success or failure.

Best of luck!

P.S. use the free download

liberator23

thank you. I don't have rapidshare pro so the DL will probably take a while. Also just to be sure, all I need to do is: make a Legions Overdrive folder. Place the launcher in it. Place the .zip file in it that im Dl'ing. Then extract the .zip to that folder. Open launcher, and update, then play. Thats right...right?

Yeah, thats correct. And you could actually skip putting the actual .zip in the folder because it might not let the game work or something.

In theory, this works. Let's hope that goes the same for reality too.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Make sure you extract them to a suitable place and place the launcher in there after extracting them.

liberator23

Well I closed the rapidshare window and it stopped the Dl. And I didn't realize for about half an hour. So I had to restart it. Gah. I'm at 18%. But it's fine, Ive had worse technical problems with Fallen.

liberator23

Hey there, I played quite a bit when instantaction was still up. I could still kick your ass to gorge and back. Then again, I might just end up blowing myself into a million robotic pieces. Hehe, I'm very rusty.

crap, it's stuck at 38 percent. IDK what to do. I think I'm going to have to restart the download...

I don't think that rapidshare is going to work. I have retried it about four times. Im going to keep on trying the launcher and see if that works. And my dad is a computer whiz, and he will probably know what to do, so lots of thanks, if I get it working then I'm going to post on here and maybe we can play some matches together. Hopefully tomorrow.

liberator23

okay so, about fifteen minutes ago I was able to successfully download the live.zip file from my dad. And for the past fifteen minutes Ive been playing Legions. I'm rusty-er that I thought, I didn't get a single kill...
But the good news is that I can play now. I didn't see a lot of servers, but I`m guessing that's because there's no profit coming into this game. We should arrange a time to play tomorrow, it will be sweet.
EDIT: Although for some reason I'm not getting any sound at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.