Can you increase the terrain texture limit?

Defender

Legends the game, witch runs on the older TGE engine, allows up to 12 different textures to painted on one terrain. I just made a new map for Legends and being able to use that many textures, really gives a mapper a lot to work with, and the terains look much better. The limit you have now of 4, realy needs to be incressed if possible. Legends only allows texture sizes of 256X256 right now, But being able to use up to 12 textures is better than having the option to use 4 types at size 1024x1024.

Legions maps could look so much better, Even on this five year old technology, if we could use a lot more textures per terrain. I think this one update to the engine code could give this game a much newer nicer looking terrain on new maps.

trevor

to awnser you question, yes. go to E:\Programs\Legions overdrive\LegionsEditor9b\tools\missionEditor\scripts and find the particle editor ed.cs. turn it into a notepad and look for something like this:
PEE_EmitterParticleSelector1.clear();
PEE_EmitterParticleSelector2.clear();
PEE_EmitterParticleSelector3.clear();
PEE_EmitterParticleSelector4.clear();

i copied that strait from the notepad i have open. when you get there it says that 4 times except the number after selector goes up one each time. now copy all four and paste the below it so it says:

now change it to:

PEE_EmitterParticleSelector5.clear();
PEE_EmitterParticleSelector6.clear();
PEE_EmitterParticleSelector7.clear();
PEE_EmitterParticleSelector8.clear();
and start the editor back up and try it! hope i helped oh yeah and you can change the texture to whatever you want!