California Servers

RainPilot

stinky bear
I'm a beast from the east but I have to say that ET is awesome for hosting some west coast servers.
SoCal<3

Molten Dwarf

Please note I have a couple of other things running on the server, a couple which are very CPU intensive. I run a program that maxes out all four cores of the server's CPU for about 2 hours twice a day, starting at 00:00 and 12:00 Pacific Time (UTC -0800). However, I run them in "nice" mode at an extremely low priority. If you notice any excess lag that is otherwise not there during this time, please inform me. :)

Also, would this be the appropriate thread to state info about the server, or request feedback about it?

Molten Dwarf

Going to be shutting the server down to install hardware upgrades sometime between 19:00 and 20:30 (UTC -0800) tonight (6/23/11). We are doubling our RAM from 8GB to 16GB and our CPU power from one Quad-Core 2.13 GHz to two Quad-Core 2.13 GHz CPUs.

Molten Dwarf

Despite the fact that the server did go offline, I did not upgrade the hardware; the hardware upgrade has been put on hold for up to a week until I can get the proper heatsink for the processor; I received an incompatible one.