Blockland!

Defender

Anyone play Blockland?
Just bought the game for 3.99, was on special, its a game where you build stuff, but has tons of add on"s, basically mini mods, and it runs on the torque game engine, just like Legions.
I am thinking about making my own tribes/legions inspired ctf server mod and maps, that may piss off some over their, because they mostly like the cartoon looking low rez maps, they have now, but the game supports much better looking graphics. My maps will look more like legions.
I have some custom weapon models, that I can legally use, just need a decent looking player model.
The game also has a player jetpack, mini mod built in, so that may be fun.

Basically, I want to advertise Legions, in my mod, blockland is on steam, and has a vary active community, good size player base. I don't plan on posting my mod on Blockland, or releasing the source for my mod, just the DSO's and client files, I will have download links in the server load screen so players can download the client files from my website, or players can just let their game auto-download from the server on join, because blockland has that feature enabled, so custom maps, models, art, sounds, etc, get sent to players on connecting to the server, something legions should have had. Anyone interested in buying the game and helping me test?

Fixious

Test Lead
I'm curious. Does the heightmap import work with their editor? Getting heightmaps into Legions is a huge pain since the import function doesn't work. It's possible if you're determined, though. I actually considered buying Blockland just to test it out.

Defender

Basically in blockland the server admin can enable up to 5 weapons from any add on mod, mix them OR NOT, its got endless possibility's..
There is a vehicles add on, mech add on, and tons more, but most weapons suck when compered to legionds, that I tried.... I can easily mod 5 new weapons, the code is easy like tribes2, and most TGE, games.

I think this add on would work fine for my legions inspired mods weapon models. I will contact the maker of it and ask for permission first..
I just want to do a simple 5 weapon, one armor, server mod, that has fast weapons, armors, like legions. I don't know what blockland will let me mod, still in the process of reading a bunch of mod sources. I just made a high rez skypack add on yesterday, its realy cool how they let you change skys, sun settings from the admin minu, and the game relights right as you play a map..

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=187864.0
mDa0Q.png

Last edited:

Defender

After looking over Blockland, its got a lot going on, so many add-ons come with the game, hard to know where to turn, so many options.
I would like to strip out all the junk, so the server will just run my mod, its going to take a lot of work, don't know yet if this blockland is worth modding, still learning the game. It only took me about 1 hour yesterday to make my hi rez skybox add-on, that went well.
To use you ether include as default for your map, or host a custom game, after that you then create a mini game, then go in admin options from the menu, click on environments, pick one of my skys, it loads your good to go. I am going to start making my legions mod add-on, that will maybe have weapon fire modes, 5 weapons, 1 armor, and all new effects, new sounds, etc. Next part making a decent looking map, the default ones blow. After that integrating, or just including one of the good gametype ctf add-ons. Will keep you up to date!

Last edited: