Basic Demo support (Public Test)

Poponfu

Lead Developer
More recent changes:

Gameplay:

- Plasma damage and range decreased 30%~

- You no longer need a warp core to enter someone elses leftover Warp Scar.

- If a player is hit by iOD during warp buildup , their warp will be disabled where as before it would still go through.

Other:

- Added Reactor map by Contingency

- Map list is now automatically generated on Create Game page, no hardcoding needed anymore.

- Basic Demo functionality

---------

Demo Instructions

Demos record everything you do and see in a game as small files that can be played back later to record or export as frame sequence / ( edit camera angles ( soon).

We have activated and cleaned up a bit of the demo code. There are a lot of planned functions like a keyframeable free cam. Also the export frame sequence is not working now , hope to have it soon. We wanted to get these out now though for you guys to use even in this early state.

kym39.jpg

Click the main menu button and toggle the preference to Yes if you want to record any game you create/join. When you want to watch a demo , simply select it and click Load Demo and wait.

Demos are located in /legions/data/recordings. For now the names are randomly generated.. it is a good idea after a game or two to rename any important ones you want to keep.

2wp6x3c.jpg

Bind a new button for 'Toggle Demo HUD'

X'd out sections are not functional yet.

Thanks to mtkoan and Triad for getting the code goin for demos.

Triad

Legions Developer
I'd like to add that we'd appreciate it if you used demos for most of your games, especially for games that you host, so if you ever crash, you can send us the demo file so we can detect the cause of the crash.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
To people wishing to use this system at the moment: Demo playback can be done, but you will still need a recorder like Fraps to get & edit the video. Exporting frames will hopefully come soon, but this exports every single frame out separately and you will have to using (I think) something along the lines of virtualdub to get the video.

Poponfu

Lead Developer
I suggest MSI afterburner instead of fraps.. if you have a multicore CPU it really takes advantage of it. Dont use it for its overclocking , it has a video recording options in settings.

Xtreme

shaska's bff
yes finally!! does keyframeable free cam function imply something along the lines of rypelcam?

Pure4Pwnge

I suggest MSI afterburner instead of fraps.. if you have a multicore CPU it really takes advantage of it. Dont use it for its overclocking , it has a video recording options in settings.
Is there anyway to take off that fps counter thing in the recordings?

Poponfu

Lead Developer
Add them to your server/preferences/config.cs ... you still have to do that to give them a weight and stuff. Dont have to add them to the other one anymore though.

Propkid

Crashes when replay Set Speed is set to negative (I wanted to rewind). Or when any invalid parameters are entered.