Auto-charge option for LR

What method are you more comfortable sniping with?

• Total voters

Xtreme

shaska's bff
I never said that's it's job, but rather a common scenario when using it.

Stop playing with words. Sniper in this kind of game always has been for defense so if you want to play aggressive with hitscan you are welcome to enjoy quake live.

And if you think it does it's job on defense, maybe I should say something I've said many times before. There are existing backroutes that currently give little to no opportunity for the LR to hit the capper.

Surely this is the fault of the weapon itself? It couldn't possibly be map design or even your fault for staying static in one place? And I guess it's not enough if sniper can handle offense coming from any direction except 'some backroutes' (which normally any teammate could block or splash the stand so that you can make the ck on his exit)

Sure you can hold down the charge before a capper comes in, but that get's much more difficult to do when dealing with LO (they see your laser now), which is another reason why I proposed this idea.

If there is LO there must also be LD. The question you must ask is not why I must hide my laser, but where are my teammates? And to be clear, I am not against your suggestion (although the poll is irrelevant with regard to having such an option)

It's been over 2 months actually. And you know I am using the LR the vast majority of the time I am playing this game.

Did you really play that card? Because clearly 2 months > 2 yrs

The votes in this thread clearly indicate what people who snipe are more comfortable with. You need to stop talking from a perspective that has only experienced the LR's output damage and not it's actual use. You make it painfully obvious that you're likely among the 3-4 people (sounds about right) that voted for the release option in this thread without being a player that actually uses it regularly.

Since you were so thorough as to check your own poll results (!!!) I must say that 12v8 votes is really a huge difference if you think that some ppl who don't snipe voted for pt&click and some who do snipe voted for release. Also if you were bit less concerned about your 50 ping and joined eu servers sometimes you would see that I snipe almost as much as I use cg-rl-gl. I have been avid sniper and actually I have tried all weapons enough to say for myself what is right or wrong, as opposed to you who so proudly states that you are only using sniper-rl

Really? Press back and take a look at the suggestion forum for a second, see what you find with my avatar. I hope you enjoyed extending this thread with your ignorant perspective.

I found nothing related to what I mentioned, only more (unjustified) complaints and 'advertising ideas' which is fine I guess, but it's not better to actually focus on how to improve the game instead of imagining how we will showcase it?

And who are you joking lol? From the moment that we don't have 'pt' under our names, both you and me are making zero contribution to how this game is developed. If you ask me why I will say I don't know, either I never learned to suck up to others or devs & pts are really selected based on some kind of portfolio :rolleyes:

There are no loopholes with me. In such a small community, it is unacceptable that you remain with such views and that you insist you are right and that I am ignorant when I am actually one of most objective ppl still playing. So many things in legions are broke and you are writing about your laser beam that is visible. Yes alright you can have auto-charge, but if you really think this is what matters at this point I have nothing more to say.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Just do this:

Would it be feasible to combine the mechanics? Say if you just pressed it and let go, a weak shot will fire out (ie: 20% or whatever percent on an OR) but holding it down will charge the rifle to its current power as well as displaying the 'beam'. This way there could still be some 'reaction' shots, but also the more powerful charged shots.

Everyone in the public test forum thought it was a good idea, but the legions gods haven't bothered to implement it or respond to it.

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
From the moment that we don't have 'pt' under our names, both you and me are making zero contribution to how this game is developed. If you ask me why I will say I don't know, either I never learned to suck up to others or devs & pts are really selected based on some kind of portfolio :rolleyes:

It is being talked about, however.

We're kind of getting off topic with what the original purpose of this thread was. Let's not talk about who is right or wrong because the suggestion has already been presented and it has been acknowledged by a developer (Poponfu). I'm not too sure why anyone thinks that their suggestions have no impact even after it was already seen and/or agreed with by some private testers and developers.

Jay does seem to always be putting the 'sniper' at a "disadvantage"- but this is not always so. The situation he is talking about is basically in a pub where a team member is nowhere to be found. And I do agree with Xtreme on this, your team will cover your weaknesses once the time comes to really put the laser rifle into serious play. However, this is not what we were originally talking about. The main issue wasn't how effective the weapon is vs another team but how tiring it gets to hold down the charge button for long periods of time (which would gradually make you worse). I do agree that this probably should not be happening, and an auto-charge function would be a slight fix; it would not impact too much in game, but it would increase the ease when using the laser.

It is too early in the patch to discuss whether or not the sniper is viable. Not only have we not had enough time to play with it, but there hasn't been any competition to back up anyone's claims. People have issues because they're playing in a pub scenario where almost anything can go wrong. It's like league solo queue- you can't take it seriously. All in all, wait until the laser rifle can seriously be used before anyone talks about its validity in legion's current state.

Jaymyster

@Wild- I like the sound of it, but I'm not sure if they would allow something to have such a similar use to bolt. Who knows though, there is GL and RL.

@Ucan-
there hasn't been any competition to back up anyone's claims.

This is the biggest (and very under-addressed) knowledge gap our community is experiencing unfortunately. That's why it may sound like a lost cause to some people when I talk about unsnipeable routes; because there are no teams abusing them due to lack of competition. Moreover, this is what has fueled me to increase my efforts to grow our community.

@Xtreme- I'd be offending myself at this point if I responded to you by quoting your comments that quote me; especially after already getting affirmative feedback from the decision makers. PM me if you'd like to continue this debate on ts sometime, trust me I would be glad to.

Jay, I don't know if you've tried Defender's "InstaGib Hellzone" server yet, but it's now up for anyone who wants to play on it. Defender & Cookie & I had a great time on it yesterday. There's more weapons to choose from, including an insta-fire LR, which somehow he's managed to not only get to perform like the old one we miss so much, but it also works great for dueling too. Your jet packs have a little more punch to them so you can gain a bit more altitude, and the increase seemed to fit the map (we were playing on Frostbite) quite well. A slight difference as far as targeting weapons, (tighter, more precise), and a touch of the old Blood & Gore when someone gets lit up is a nice touch too. I know this isn't a solution to what you're standing up for, (and your stance is appreciated), but I just wanted to let you know about this new server. It's a great place to blow off all the BS, and to mess around with the LR the way it used to be. And dam, kitty's got claws right? (Extreme).

Well Jay, obviously your tactics of simmering on the back burner instead of coming to a quick boil have worked quite well for you. It's your type of assault, counterbalanced with reality and reason that has kept the flame of this post searing for as long as it has. I've enjoyed backing you up on the LR, because I miss the days when I used to look forward to the next game and the satisfaction I would get from incinerating a player mid-flight, 1/2 or 3/4 the way across the map. People quite often would tell me "Good shot" after I smoked them, and they had seen the distance of the shot on the HUD. Nowadays, people still using the LR are pretty much sitting ducks, and I slam a couple of rockets into them as I pass over on my way to their base. That is, except for Kryst, who seems to be at "one" with the new LR, and has dialed it in to the point that he can even duel with it. He's aces with the Skybolt too, which is the other weapon I tend to stay away from, 'cause I can't hit sh*t with it either. Anyway, good luck running solo, I'm done here seeing as my replies are somehow being erased...