ati 5870 and i7 crashing with fps of only 90 wtf?

so Im looking to hear from others who have this set up as I am crashing and getting frame pauses all over the shop. Even when it runs I only get about 90fps which is a joke for such a sick machine.

anyone?

Darklord

Private Tester
This isn't even close to enough information to diagnose stuff. Console log, dxdiag, better explanation of what is happening...

ok, after turning of catalyst I was able to play for about 2 hrs in fullscreen before it crashed again which is a huge improvement and my fps increased a bit although the aliasing sucked to look at :) here is the info u asked for, cheers.
This isn't even close to enough information to diagnose stuff. Console log, dxdiag, better explanation of what is happening...

ok, after turning of catalyst I was able to play for about 2 hrs in fullscreen before it crashed again which is a huge improvement and my fps increased a bit although the aliasing sucked to look at :) here are the files u asked for Darklord, thanks for the input.

Ive played a bit of bioshock 2 and mass effect 2 and both ran perfectly at highest everything at over 60fps.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    24.6 KB · Views: 9
  • console.txt.txt
    360 KB · Views: 8

Darklord

Private Tester
I messaged mabel about some potentially suspicious stuff in your console log, but a few questions for you:
Did you play for a while before you posted that log file, and then only have trouble at the end of the time you were playing?

Also, a FPS of 90 is more then you are able to physically distinguish with your eyes, so there is no reason at all to care that you don't have more.

As far as what you mentioned on the other post (you really should keep your stuff in one), the 10 second frame pauses issue sounds more like lag then video issues, especially if you were on hotswap when it happened, because it happens to everyone there because of the server, and would likely be even worse if you are connecting from australia. It not remembering your password is super low on our priority list, especially since I've never heard of anyone having issues with it. It should only forget it if you install a new patcher or delete your stuff, or don't click the box. Your dark rendering was on your end, and does it spawning you as gunner happen anytime but your first spawn on the map?

Did you play for a while before you posted that log file - Hard to answer, but I think my new post was definitely within a few hrs of the crash and likely less as I had read somewhere about getting the log file soon after a crash before.

a FPS of 90 is more then you are able to physically distinguish with your eyes, - Yes I know but it is still a very low FPS for the 5870 and a game with such low demands, Ive heard other say legions never drops below 300 fps with it. It just supports the fact I have an issue with my set up and legions.

the 10 second frame pauses issue sounds more like lag then video issues, - I asked the others within the games a few times when I got them with negative replies so at least some of them are not, they are often followed by the crashes I speak of also so the problems are very likely related.

It not remembering your password is super low on our priority list - I agree :) just being systematic in reporting bugs.

does it spawning you as gunner happen anytime but your first spawn on the map? - only first spawn per map.

cheers.

Darklord

Private Tester
We have literally 0 information about what might be going on in your game if you don't post it immediately after a crash, and waste all sorts of time reading console logs that have no useful information in them -_-

Ok, I had to play a whole 2 minutes to reproduce the crash :( but I am having all sorts of trouble getting the upload window of this site to see my console file as when I give it a .txt name it appears to do it but when I do a 'save as' to the file and replace it to the same spot it gives me the file 'console.txt.log' is already in this location. I am a mac man, when u change an extension name theres no hidden bullshit to deal with. Im sure theres an 'easy' windoz solution 'amoung thousands' you need to just somehow know about but I dont.

advise?

or is this another just 'reeboot ya machine' solution :)

I hop I hear back soon as now legions is crashing my machine every few minutes.

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
Ok, I had to play a whole 2 minutes to reproduce the crash :( but I am having all sorts of trouble getting the upload window of this site to see my console file as when I give it a .txt name it appears to do it but when I do a 'save as' to the file and replace it to the same spot it gives me the file 'console.txt.log' is already in this location. I am a mac man, when u change an extension name theres no hidden bullshit to deal with. Im sure theres an 'easy' windoz solution 'amoung thousands' you need to just somehow know about but I dont.

advise?

or is this another just 'reeboot ya machine' solution :)
Or maybe you'll just look below the spot where you type the file name for the spot "Format:" or similar and select "All files".

Also if you really hate the "hidden bullshit" just go to the folder settings and disable the "hide known formats" or whatever it is.

Reason why "or something" would be because I'm not using an english OS myself.

<script src="http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=s4t9zbmp"></script>

an incredible amount of *dancing* around just to up load a simple file.

none of you solutions worked Rockey and I couldnt find a 'hide known formats' in folder options. It doesnt take long for me to remember why I only play games on windows and NOTHING else.

anyway thanks for your prompt replies, I want to get a server in Aust. happening here as soon as Ive fixed this problem and found a deal where the site doesnt offer a deal in december and just disappear from the net completely (apart from a bunch of broken links) in Janurary.

Darklord

Private Tester
Looks like you missed the end of the file, see how it cuts off at the end? The important stuff will likely be at the very end of it. If you have played since you crashed last, here is what you need to do:
Delete the log file
play until you crash
give us the log file

We really need a log file showing the crash to have any chance of seeing what is wrong.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Well... that logfile is either not complete, or does not give any indication (that I'd recognize) why the game should crash. So, if the logfile is complete, my guess would be that it's your system that you have to blame, not the game.

I dont know where to begin diagnosing my system problem if there is no info in the logfile, it is a brand new install with nothing else on the system, the latest everything on a brand new computer :(

Funny, you spend a little bit extra hoping it might help avoid issues but at the end of the day its still windows on it with that whole list of potential incompatibilities.

is there a way I could tell if my logfile is incomplete?