Which server do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Can't they just put both servers in, instead of choosing one of them? :C

It all depends on how much support comes from the community. While it would be nice to be able to have both servers running, it may not be realistic at this time.
If there's enough player support for both servers, we could quite easily keep both up and running as long as donations cover the full amount each month. If there isn't enough support, we can easily shut down a server and start it up again at a later date, we're not stuck into long term contracts with either of these servers.

Lunaris

i vote for Tokyo, japan.
people from more continents can play there, and i got like -30 ping

it since it was hit by the earthquake, i think it will get better now that the city is recovering!

Mahidhar

Guys, instead of just voting, if you wish to have a server, which will provide you with good ping, gather all the players who are willing to pay for that server. No matter what the votes lead to, if you're not donating money, there's nothing anyone can do. The servers cost 45$ each, and it's not a hard target to reach, at all.

Remember, don't count on L:O developers/other community members to pay for them, they will not.

So I discovered another player in my city and is in the heart of the city like me, I ping 100 and he pings 300.

how can this be, he is a tribes vet so Im sure his internet plan is decent, we have different ISP's but is this really the reason why ?

I know the singapore server is going to alienate a lot of aussies, and now I know its not about distance = ping so much, makes me think that the stupidly high ping problem might be a solvable one?

GReaper

Grumpy
We can't control the Internet. Every ISP will have different routing, paying for different transit providers, different peering arrangements, etc. You can either try and contact your ISP if there's a genuine problem, or switch ISP.

The only other way of dealing with it is with more servers in more locations, which in theory means the hosts with the best connectivity for local players will gain the most players. However it's something we can't really do.

Anyway, sorry for the delay in dealing with the Singapore server. I'll be updating the setup on it over the next few days when I get a chance.

Mahidhar

So which server is staying and for how long?

Pls be Japan......
How many times should people repeat themselves?

YOU PAY, YOU PLAY!! THIS AIN'T CHARITY.

If you want the Japan server, gather some support, and pay 45$ to L:O developers every month, and you'll have the server. Voting here will not get you the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.