Which server do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GReaper

Grumpy
Posted in THE BLOG!

Thanks to all players who have been testing the Japan and Singapore servers over the past couple of weeks, we've managed to get a viable server up and running in both regions with relatively few problems.

We've been using existing funds to run these test servers, however it'll soon be time for you guys to fund the server(s) yourselves. After some analysis, we're currently estimating that the cost of a single server to be around $45/month, making it $90/month to run both servers. These estimates are based on the current number of users, if we were to have a huge surge in player numbers then these figures would go up - bandwidth costs would increase.

Firstly, please vote on this poll so we've got a better idea of which server you prefer. We already have an idea, but we just want some numbers to make sure. Please don't vote on Japan/Singapore if you aren't from this region! Euro/US players can pick the 3rd option just for fun. ;)

If there's enough player support for both servers, we could quite easily keep both up and running as long as donations cover the full amount each month. If there isn't enough support, we can easily shut down a server and start it up again at a later date, we're not stuck into long term contracts with either of these servers.

Once the voting has completed, we'll take down the test server and replace it with permanently running servers (along with a few disclaimers with how Amazon works), and then we'll update the donations page disclaimers. :p

Immanent

I voted for Jap server even though I live in SG XD (Soz guys). Partly due to the fact I have 100 ping, and Ter gets like 3 ping. Anyway, I feel that more people get better ping in the Jap server (Korea, HK, Pinoy's) Sorry aussy's :( for the greatah good.

Pros about Jap server: West coast american's can pop in at 140 ping, more people get better ping this way!
Con: Aussy's/NZ get 300-400 ping :l

ocarina_boy

I've voted for Singapore because it's the only server I get playable ping in. I'm in Australia but I think that's basically a part of Asia (Australasia) anyway:D so I hope you'll count my vote.

Karnage

Private Tester
I like how 62% of votes are from people who don't live in Asia. :p Anyway, I voted for Singapore even though I ping way better in Japan. My experience of the Japan server was that my ping fluctuated from 50 to 400 depending on the time of day. Also, I think that most of the Asia/ANZLA players actually ping, on average, better in the SG server. It is a pity that the Americans won't ping well there but we have to think of the community who will be using those servers the most.

I like how 62% of votes are from people who don't live in Asia. :p Anyway, I voted for Singapore even though I ping way better in Japan. My experience of the Japan server was that my ping fluctuated from 50 to 400 depending on the time of day. Also, I think that most of the Asia/ANZLA players actually ping, on average, better in the SG server. It is a pity that the Americans won't ping well there but we have to think of the community who will be using those servers the most.

ANZLA what?

BestCharmie

I voted for JPN, it was closer ;).
  • lower constant ping
  • closer to PHIL.
  • less moments that I get a very high ping (well higher than the ones I get in SG)

Well, It was a honest decision, because I pressed the button before I could even see your posts :) (or bias (whatever that means)).

annoying for many but I think its to do with things like service provider, dreadnaught is in the same city in the city like me and he pings more than double me, so it has to be less about location an more about other potentially solvable factors?

GReaper

Grumpy
It's either Singapore, Tokyo, or find an alternative provider which is cheap enough and guarantee players donating enough funds to cover the cost of it. Something which we've asked for and nobody has done it.

Yani

Voted for SG ! coz i ping better there. I'm from Philippines but from the lower part of it so yeah much closer to SG. ^^,

Royalty

The Aussie
I voted for Jap server even though I live in SG XD (Soz guys). Partly due to the fact I have 100 ping, and Ter gets like 3 ping. Anyway, I feel that more people get better ping in the Jap server (Korea, HK, Pinoy's) Sorry aussy's :( for the greatah good.

Pros about Jap server: West coast american's can pop in at 140 ping, more people get better ping this way!
Con: Aussy's/NZ get 300-400 ping :l
Don't say sorry I'm an Aussie and I get 300+ ping in Singapore- I get under 200 in Jap. Thanks!!!!
Flamesstater says thanks too- trust me!

Status
Not open for further replies.