As an Old Tribes Player, I'd LOVE to see....

Gheist

King of all Goblins
As an old Tribes player, I'd love to see . . .

MOAR SPLASH
Back to your cave, resident OmniTroll! You're confusing the younglings!

In comparison to Tribes the splash radii have been rather small, in comparison to other games, they've been huge. Now shush. ;)

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
dude u come across as a self appointed guardian of the status quo

rocket splash was micro
I might, but that's because you've only seen my posts on a few threads. I have a lot of them. There are some things that I agree should be changed, and some that I think work just fine.

Redvan

Private Tester

In comparison to Tribes the splash radii have been rather small, in comparison to other games, they've been huge. Now shush. ;)

I love how seriously gang took him lol

But yeah, wow... Tribes was splash'tastic. The primary tactic amongst that majority of the players is "spamspamspamspamspam" more projectiles in the air = greater chance of hitting \o/.
Myself, I wouldn't mind more of a difference between direct hit damage vs close range splash damage. Reward direct hits more.

Not a fan of the vehicle idea. Larger maps? I prefer medium size maps. Deployable turrets? I could possibly see them. But they would be hard to implement.

aus.hsp

Private Tester
Agree totally with Asa :)

Large maps = Fail
Small maps = Meh
Medium maps = Perfect
Vehicles = Make the job for the Developers even harder...
Deployable turrets = Would love to see it but again... making the job for the developers even harder....

Right now all I care about is that the game is the way it was!
We can worry about these ad-ons later in Overdrive life :)

OmniNept

Actionaut

So, as someone RP'ing an old Tribes player, it sounds like I got it pretty spot on, no?

Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt!

*Edit* OmniFilt3r would like to contribute the following maxim: "Sleeping with your cousin is better than sleeping with your sister, but it still doesn't make it right."

Thank Filter for his appropriate words.

To be honest I'd like to see some vehicles, so long as they were properly implemented and we were also provided with a better way to "remove" them. (i.e. rocket turret etc)
My question is would the vehicles only be Aircraft? (mix of fast and slow depending on whether fighter, bomber, transport etc) or would there be ground vehicles like the hover tanks?

Oh and pete, this is Talking for later. It's not as if we'd expect this in the first release.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
I'd personally prefer to have a level where the bases themselves are ships or something, just because there is only limited usage for a vehicle in the ultra-fast Legions. I mean, vehicles offer speed, armor, or both. We already have both, so to a certain extent, they wouldn't be of that much assistance...

Though... What if you could put on some sort of exo-suit that would give you more thrust per energy unit but would be destructible. That might be helpful and should at least fullfill a speed buff.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
Well, it looks like this discussion has gone back to vehicles. My opinion on vehicles is that it depends on the type of vehicle. I am for some sort of really slow tank, much like the Leviathan from Unreal Tournament where it moves slowly, has a lot of armor and two weapon modes. Mode one would be mobile and fire some full-auto missiles or something. Second mode would be stationary, and thus vulnerable to moving targets, but fires one really powerful blast every five to ten seconds. This would be an asset to epic-sized maps where there are midpoint bases that can be captured. That said, I wouldn't be in favor of light reconnaissance or light to mid assault vehicles, land or air because that is what the legionnaires are. If there were other vehicles, like a car-like object that skied instead of having wheels, I would ask that the flag carrier would not be allowed to enter such any vehicle. Also, if somebody was in the vehicle when it was destroyed, they would die.

Homingun

#1. Vehicles, namely a Shrike type fast flier, and some sort of Tank or Mobile base.
#2. Large maps, for vehicles of course.
#3. DEPLOYABLES, namely turrets and mobile reload stations.

These additions would make playing more enjoyable for me and a lot of other old Tribes Players. If you never played Tribes, then you will love these suggestions if implemented.

What do you all think? Any other suggestions to add a little more "Tribes" flavor?
:D

I haven't read the whole 8 pages of posts but here is my input.

I think having passive deployables such as sensors and cameras spikes and inventory stations would fit in very well with Legions. It would give real depth to LO and LD and might bring about more use of HD and HO.

I think having active deployables such as turrets and other stuff that affects a enemy players directly is a very bad idea for Legions. I think the player-player interaction is what makes legions so fun. If there is some automated turret that shoots and you or drains your energy, it would detract from this interaction.

As for vehicles, I don't think it would be a good idea at all unless one wanted to make Legions into a Tribes sequel. Adding vehicles might add some sort of depth to the game, but it would take away from the concept of skiing (Legions was build around the concept of skiing unlike the Tribes series). If you have this amazing form of movement to traverse large distances, why would you undercut it with vehicles?

Annihilate

How about we add Naruto's rasengan move into a sentinals arsenal while we're at it?

I don't know if its because I'v never played T1/2/V but some of these ideas sound ridiculous and would be absolute anarchy in Legions.
Just putting it out there. And I know everyone's entitled to their own suggestions/ideas :p.

[Banned] lol jk I dislike mines and turrets... And not a tank but a rover..
They Take too much damage . And newbie in tribes always leave cuz it's too hard :)!

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
tanks do take a lot of damage, but they dole out a lot of pain and are slow, which in a game like legions makes them ineffective against the players. However, if they were applied to a game with capturable bases (there has been some talk of epic scale CTF and TDM where there would be midpoint bases that would be captured by teams to get better enhancements.) The tank would take a long time to get there, but if it made it to the base, then it could destroy the base and allow it to be captured by their team.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
If you are going to have a slow vehicle, it had better have either fast turning turrets or turrets with ultra-long range because of the speeds involved. If you can't rotate fast enough to hit your target, you're screwed.

stefygraff

Private Tester
#1. Vehicles, namely a Shrike type fast flier, and some sort of Tank or Mobile base.

We are already cruising with more than 100/mph, Tribes is more static than Legions, that's why tanks and mobile base and vehicles fit it. The legionnaire is the perfect for for this game: its light its medium size, and heavy. Now lets imagine a tank(sentinel) in a tank, or a vehicle(gunner) in a vehicle. All these things will make the freedom of movement go static or depending on the few who have these vehicles.

#2. Large maps, for vehicles of course.

I agree, i would love to see some big maps, 10 bigger than blade run. But only 1 or 2 of them, for spicing up. Also we don't need vehicles on large maps if you know how to sky!

What do you all think? Any other suggestions to add a little more "Tribes" flavor?
Legions is just a spiritual decedent of Tribes, lets just keep it that way

istockphoto_10281081-angry-little-girl.jpg

CapnSlaps

You guys are wanting new things and coming up with new ideas all the time thinking that people are going to get bored of Legions, but
what you don't realize is that once we start playing it again it will feel even more fun than it ever did before, and changes won't seem so necessary anymore :rolleyes::)

Astrum

Super Special R&D
You guys are wanting new things and coming up with new ideas all the time thinking that people are going to get bored of Legions, but​
what you don't realize is that once we start playing it again it will feel even more fun than it ever did before, and changes won't seem so necessary anymore :rolleyes::)

That or everyone will move on to a new game a few months later because nothing has changed and it's a shell of a game. Honestly, Legions should have never been made public. It's not finished and for some reason you guys think it is finished and a full game, which is a problem.

CapnSlaps

That or everyone will move on to a new game a few months later because nothing has changed and it's a shell of a game. Honestly, Legions should have never been made public. It's not finished and for some reason you guys think it is finished and a full game, which is a problem.
Now that I think about it, some of this stuff would be cool..but some of it is going to far. My comment made it seem like I didn't want to change anything but I actually do!
We should add nades that stick to things and go off after 3 seconds instead of bouncing off of the ground, that would make the regular GL seem cooler, plus you could stick them on walls and deal damage that way.