alcohol + marijuana + car =

Redvan

Private Tester
http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/...-21-killed-Springfield-crash?odyssey=nav|head

Was up flying and got unusual instructions from ATC for our landing procedure, once my instructor and I got on the ground, we saw why. We had to clear the airspace for the medevac helos to get in and out. Accident happened right across the street from where you see the helos in the pic.

My friend was driving southbound on that road within minutes of it happening... had he been earlier, he coulda been killed. Had my flight been 30min earlier, I coulda been killed.

This is why drugs and alcohol are stupid. They make you do stupid things (like drive), even though you know better before you're under the influence.

HVanquish

Every time there's a big travel season (Like Summer vacation or Christmas) the Police Department plops a ****ed up car at the biggest intersection as a reminder of what drinking and driving does.

Redvan

Private Tester
Every time there's a big travel season (Like Summer vacation or Christmas) the Police Department plops a ****ed up car at the biggest intersection as a reminder of what drinking and driving does.
heh... right around the corner of where this accident happened there is a permanent display of a car that was wrecked in a drunk driving accident... Sadly, no matter how many reminders, people will still be stupid.

xzzxxz

Was up flying and got unusual instructions from ATC for our landing procedure, once my instructor and I got on the ground, we saw why. We had to clear the airspace for the medevac helos to get in and out. Accident happened right across the street from where you see the helos in the pic..

You are a pilot?? That's what I want to do when I get older x)

Dacil

oh my gosh...thank god you're ok and you're buddy...yeah i just did a poster design discouraging drunk driving...get a designated driver people!! and even with that option too people are still stupid....even stupid enough to ride a motorcycle which is even worse (balance and awareness are needed 100 times more than when driving).....sigh....hope at least some people take something from seeing cars like that

Maddogg101

It doesn't matter how many warnings you give or how many bad things will happen, stupid people will still be stupid, you could tell them that if they get into that car, a goat will come to they're mothers house and roundhouse kick her in the face followed by coming to your house and doing things you will never forget to your anus, and they will still get in that car hesitantly.

57thRomance

It doesn't matter how many warnings you give or how many bad things will happen, stupid people will still be stupid, you could tell them that if they get into that car, a goat will come to they're mothers house and roundhouse kick her in the face followed by coming to your house and doing things you will never forget to your anus, and they will still get in that car hesitantly.
Well... that is quite an unorthodox approach to getting people to not drink and drive...

Buhlitz

This is why drugs and alcohol are stupid. They make you do stupid things (like drive), even though you know better before you're under the influence.

Ya guns are stupid too, they make you shoot people :rolleyes:

In fact, planes are worse. They make you fly into buildings.

In all seriousness though, out of all of the drinking I've ever done I've never once 'blacked out' or done something so extremely stupid that I felt I had to blame it on the al al aaaaa alcohol baby. People are dumb, People are the root of the problem, not the drugs.

skypredator

In all seriousness though, out of all of the drinking I've ever done I've never once 'blacked out' or done something so.

I was at 911. On the same damn street that the towers collapsed. Trust me, buddy, they didn't fly planes into those buildings under the influence. Aye, and did ye know that there WERE secondary bombs in the buildings? It was like *BOOOOOM*, then silence, then *pop*, pause, *pop*, pause, *pop*, etc.

Heartsong

I was at 911. On the same damn street that the towers collapsed. Trust me, buddy, they didn't fly planes into those buildings under the influence. Aye, and did ye know that there WERE secondary bombs in the buildings? It was like *BOOOOOM*, then silence, then *pop*, pause, *pop*, pause, *pop*, etc.

You and ocarina should talk about it some time.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub

Wouldn't you have been 3 or 4 during those attacks?

Redvan

Private Tester

In all seriousness though, out of all of the drinking I've ever done I've never once 'blacked out' or done something so extremely stupid that I felt I had to blame it on the al al aaaaa alcohol baby. People are dumb, People are the root of the problem, not the drugs.

Tis true, guns dont kill people... and all that jazz... however, it's scientifically proven that alcohol and drugs mess with the decision making portion of your brain. It will affect different people in different ways, and can affect the same person in different ways depending on the situation. Thus, this situation is quite different than guns and planes.

I'll agree: People are dumb and are the root of the problem. People are dumb enough to do drugs and get wasted.

Dacil

Tis true, guns dont kill people... and all that jazz... however, it's scientifically proven that alcohol and drugs mess with the decision making portion of your brain. It will affect different people in different ways, and can affect the same person in different ways depending on the situation. Thus, this situation is quite different than guns and planes.

I'll agree: People are dumb and are the root of the problem. People are dumb enough to do drugs and get wasted.
gosh i'm glad someone noticed this...thought i'd have to say it...lol!

Buhlitz

First part I'll agree, how can I not? Beer Goggles anyone? However by saying alcohol and 'drugs' you're casting a rather wide net, and I'm fairly certain that considering every conceivable 'drug' on the planet not all of them will effect a persons ability to make rational choices. Does aspirin effect your ability to decide which clothes to put on? Etc.

Your second part is just subjective conjecture unless it said "and drive". It wasn't dumb that this person did the drugs, it was dumb that he did them and drove his car.

And lastly, if you fly a plane why do you suck at capping?

57thRomance

First part I'll agree, how can I not? Beer Goggles anyone? However by saying alcohol and 'drugs' you're casting a rather wide net, and I'm fairly certain that considering every conceivable 'drug' on the planet not all of them will effect a persons ability to make rational choices. Does aspirin effect your ability to decide which clothes to put on? Etc.

Your second part is just subjective conjecture unless it said "and drive". It wasn't dumb that this person did the drugs, it was dumb that he did them and drove his car.

And lastly, if you fly a plane why do you suck at capping?
All crucial points that bring me to the inarguable conclusion that you are a pothead :p