Add RockeyRex's scripts to default L:O

Jack

Can we get some of RockeyRex's incredibly awesome scripts incorporated into the default L:O download please? This way when I recommend the game to someone I don't have to tell them to download the default, plus 6 add-on scripts to make it playable.

These are what I had in mind to add to default download:
Definitely:
rrBrowzar - Adds additional server browser functionality.
FlagHud - Display CTF objective info in a hud.
rrMapNit - Pimps your loading screen with map info.

Maybe:
FlagAlert - Alerts you with a sound when you get the flag. (royalty right)
TrackTor - Simple stat tracking HUD.
ScoreMatters - Shows scores while loading.

Royalty

The Aussie
Can we get some of RockeyRex's incredibly awesome scripts incorporated into the default L:O download please? This way when I recommend the game to someone I don't have to tell them to download the default, plus 6 add-on scripts to make it playable.

These are what I had in mind to add to default download:
Definitely:
FlagAlert - Alerts you with a sound when you get the flag.
rrBrowzar - Adds additional server browser functionality.
FlagHud - Display CTF objective info in a hud.
rrMapNit - Pimps your loading screen with map info.

Maybe:
TrackTor - Simple stat tracking HUD.
ScoreMatters - Shows scores while loading.
I support- however maybe not FlagAlert...

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Some of the stuff will make its way into the game in some form or another, but to my knowledge, there are more pressing issues. Till then, just use those scripts, and be glad that you're able to do that. ;)

GReaper

Grumpy
Are you saying the game isn't playable when you download it? :p

Some of the features are already coming soon and are being worked on in our development builds, some of them are already planned. As BugsPray has mentioned in his State of the Empire Address, we're working towards improving client side modding support, and following this we'll be able to improve some of the client side scripts - we know some of the functionality is lacking at the moment.

Just be patient.

Jack

Eh, i say leave as scripts.
1. Gives rockey something to do
2. Lets the dev worry about bigger items

1. What? He still gets to write scripts. They just become widespread... and people don't have to jump all over the place to find scripts that should be included in the package in the first place.
2. I guess I just figured that it would be relatively painless to incorporate the scripts into the default legions and hardly a time sink.

Abandoned

Rockey's scripts are optional, meaning if one doesnt like them, they don't have to use them. But if they become defaults, it will make some legions players uncomfortable by all these things in their HUD. I wouldn't like having FlagAlerts and not being able to turn them off.

Karnage

Private Tester
Rockey's scripts are optional, meaning if one doesnt like them, they don't have to use them. But if they become defaults, it will make some legions players uncomfortable by all these things in their HUD. I wouldn't like having FlagAlerts and not being able to turn them off.
Maybe include an option to turn certain things off? I am not saying I am for this idea because I don't know how easy it would be for the devs to incorporate it but it's not a bad idea.

Jack

I find it hard to imagine someone is going to be uncomfortable with a default FlagHud, images at the otherwise blank loading screen, and server info displayed. On the other hand, I can find a lot of people being very, very happy that they are included.

And there is a script to turn HUDs off in-game.
ToggleHud - Toggle in-game hud on/off with a keybind.

Vinzyboy23

Man, I was about to post a thread about this. But someone beat me to it.

I support. Except FlagAlert and ScoreMatters.

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
No support. I love them, but I think stickying/pinning his script depot is good enough - the newbloods can easily access it from there.