A New Idea? (water)

Xtreme

shaska's bff
Something that I consider as "missing" in Legions is water. Bodies of water could possibly give a more aesthetic look to the game but also play a role in game-play. Perhaps something similar to the water in Vengeance. Maybe it's not a new idea and I'm just repeating an old thread. But I don't remember seeing anything concerning this so I'd like to know if it will be implemented.

What do you think?

Yeah, I like this idea:) But please be more elaborate. Will we be able to drown? Or are we able to fire our weapons from under water somehow?

Xtreme

shaska's bff
Yeah, I like this idea:) But please be more elaborate. Will we be able to drown? Or are we able to fire our weapons from under water somehow?

I said "similar to the water in Vengeance," but for those of you who haven't played it, you will still be able to fire weapons underwater. You will not drown, but move much more slowly underwater. You can also ski on the surface of the water (this of course depends on the angle at which you hit the surface). I was also thinking maybe water could do damage to our armor (being overexposed to water I mean).

Daphinicus

Private Tester
It's a wee bit stereotypical, but I'm a fan of having damage come from lava, acid lakes, and the like -- it's just easier on the player, and allows the flexibility of having both damaging and non-damaging bodies of "water."

I like the idea of a speed reduction in water, though I'd suggest having water provide some tangible benefit, like breaking sensor readings for those fully submerged.

There's also the possibility of having some sort of fluid drive propulsion system, where, when underwater, the movement physics change from jetpacking to a more direct-travel, overdrive-like system, allowing you to "fly" through the water, if at significantly reduced speed from what's possible in the air.

MJ1284

How about we add some random seagulls flying around the lakes? And then all the persons trying to fly over the lake would have random chance of getting tangeled by a swarm of birds, losing all their speed and suffering temporary jetpack overheat in process.

Calimo

I think adding water would be an awesome idea! I remember in ... ... another game that has turned into almost a curse word on the forums .... the T word except with a 2 at the end of it... having duels and falling into water always changed the dynamics of the duels! I think it would be an awesome idea!

But if I remember right... I think a developer said before that adding water and changing the physics can be a pain... and time consuming... So I don't believe it may happen anytime in the near future! Still an awesome idea!

BUT my memory might also be hazy! Since it was awhile ago I remember reading it.. :confused:

How about we add some random seagulls flying around the lakes? And then all the persons trying to fly over the lake would have random chance of getting tangeled by a swarm of birds, losing all their speed and suffering temporary jetpack overheat in process.

Uh, guys? Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves:)

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
I'd love to see water added to the game, I think it could bring up an interesting gameplay dynamic and breathe more realism into maps.

Unfortunately, I need to wash up and get ready for work, but I'll definitely be back later to share some water ideas.

Mahidhar

EpicLight, MJ was probably being sarcastic. As for the idea, I think we should not be able to float in water, because of the armor. Outriders may have better chance at staying above the surface of the water, though.

I just don't want too many new things going on here. Haha. Water does sound cool, and maybe flames in maps that take place on a burning structure. There can be many adjustments, but lets hope the new Legions doesn't add too many things that will cause players to lose interest.

A2

We had a fire-based map, and yes, I'd love to see a map based on water.
What I thought of is, a sort of island (big one), you know covered with water on all sides (somewhere near the out of bounds). That includes chunks of water bodies on the map but placed well. And also, except for the water on all sides, I'd prefer the water on the map to not have too much depth.

the water map thing: i was thinking of a tropical map and somewhere on this map could be a waterfall that falls into a pond or a lake that branches out trough the entire map.