A few ideas =]

skypredator

I came up with a few ideas. C&C always welcome.

1. When base assets are added to Legions gameplay, a small turret (much like a SAM launcher) can be deployed on certain stands (Which drives me to the idea that base assets must be deployed on stands; each base gets a certain number of stands that, once used up, the base cannot use any more assets until one or more assets run out or are destroyed). The turret has 6 launch tubes, each of which contains a bundle of 4 small rockets that home in on a certain target. Each HSHRT (Heat-Seeking Homing Rocket Turret) can be programmed to fire a bundle of HSHR's (Heat-Seeking Homing Rockets) at a type of target (I.E, least health, most health, or flag carrier). These turrets can be destroyed with four direct grenades or rockets, or one direct mortar. The CG cannot damage these turrets. 50 Plasma de-activates the turrets for 30 seconds (The overload of energy kills the main power system of the HSHRT, so it has to begin running on backup power. If the HSHRT is shut down twice by Plasma, it is unusable, but it is still not destroyed). The rockets can be destroyed in flight by a few chaingun rounds (or a nicely placed bullet to the warhead). OD causes the target to take less damage from the rockets. Also, the target can stop the rockets from following them by shutting down their jets for 4 seconds, thus removing the heat source. Each rocket takes away 10% of a Sentinel's health, 12% of a Raider's health, and 14% of an Outrider's health. and Also, since each rocket is fairly small, so is its fuel payload. After 300 Meters, the rockets will self-detonate. Each base can only deploy three turrets per game. The first one is awarded after capturing the enemy flag twice in a row. After this is destroyed, the other one is won by capturing the enemy flag 3 times in a row. Lastly, the third turret is scored by capturing the enemy flag three times in a row.[Edit]: I forgot to mention the speed of the rockets. It would be roughly 150 M/S.

2. Flag shield: I've heard a lot of ideas about invisible force fields and plasma shields, but I think that a physical shield would be more fun. Going back the the base asset idea, each team gets one physical shield to deploy. The shield is made up of four metal plates that slide upwards out of slots in the ground, protecting the flag. There is no top, so a drop-OD route is still possible. The team attains the shield ability for 10 seconds by capturing the enemy flag three times in a row. Each team is only able to attain two shields per game. The shields are also destroyable. Two direct rockets/grenades destroys one metal plate. One mortar destroys the two plates closest to the explosion.

Comments? Ideas? Let me know. =]

Immanent

Also, the target can stop the rockets from following them by shutting down their jets for 4 seconds, thus removing the heat source.
I like this idea, it forces people to stop briefly from their gameplay in order to not get raked with 6 homing missiles hmmm.....

Each rocket takes away 10% of a Sentinel's health, 12% of a Raider's health, and 14% of an Outrider's health. and Also, since each rocket is fairly small, so is its fuel payload.
Sounds friggin OP. 6 x 10% = 60% on a sentinel. That's like... in proportion 120% for an outrider because a sentinel has twice as much hp as Outrider.
Also, 6x12% (72%) or 6x14% (84%) is enough to cripple a capper so badly they may also respawn.
It would be roughly 150 M/S
Quite slow to be honest for a homing missile (nearly said homingun!). I'm quite sure the RL fires atleast 1.5 times faster at a standstill.

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
I'm not a fan of the flag shield - rewarding the team that's just made 3 consecutive (and I assume, unanswered) caps isn't a great system IMO. (It's like Killstreaks...)
@ Immanent: The RL fires at around 215 m/s (don't quote me on that, it could be different). I like the fact that these rockets are slower, otherwise they'd get abused so hard.

I generally like this idea, except for the whole "capstreaks" idea. Were base assets earned this way in Tribes? (I'm not saying we need to copy Tribes; I'm just wondering.) If each team was given the same base assets from the get-go, it would be interesting to see how they would be used. I can only imagine the various styles of base assets that people will gravitate towards.

Edit: Skypredator, your numbers on the Damage output to Sentinels, Raiders, and OR are a little off. From what I remember, Sentinel has 200 health, Raider 100, OR 75. I'm probably wrong though.

Immanent

Edit: Skypredator, your numbers on the Damage output to Sentinels, Raiders, and OR are a little off. From what I remember, Sentinel has 200 health, Raider 100, OR 75. I'm probably wrong though.

Yeah something like that. Thus making the damage extremely OP, 1 hitting everything except the sentinel. But I agree with the OP (heh I used OP three times now) that the damage equivalents should be nerfed (seeing as the range is only 300 meters) to what he stated originally.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Not a big fan of the capsteaks method, but am of course in favor of defensive rocket pods. The stats you came up with though are less than balanced. That is going to pound enemy OR's with sheer damage, but at the same time is going to miss a lot...

skypredator

Nope, read the post. I said 6 launch tubes, each containing 4 rockets, not six. I'm not good with figuring Legions' damage %'s, we all know that. Just trying to get the basic idea out there. I proposed that the shield could only be activated by capturing however many times required in a row so that either team would get a chance to obtain a shield no matter what the game dynamics (the dynamics that have nothing to do with capping). Maybe incorporating this idea through capstreaks wasn't such a good idea. Back to the HSHRT, I've changed the damage taken by one rocket to roughly half the damage a sentinel takes from a direct rocket, thus, 4 HSHR's deal the equivalent of two direct rockets to Sentinels. All four rockets will deal the same amount of damage as a direct rocket to a Raider, and Outriders take the equivalent of one direct Rocket/Grenade. I've also increased the speed of the rockets to 160 M/s. Also, remember that the damage given by each rocket is NOT proportional, Immanent. I did not use those terms in my original post. Context, context, context. ;)

If bases do get shields, they shouldn't cover the entire base. If you had to choose between a base-covering shield of a flag covering shield for the enemy to use, you'd probably go with the flag covering shield. Now, don't tell me that the flag covering shield is OP and stupid, because in both cases the flag is protected, but only in one (the flag-covering shield) is the flag still somewhat exposed. Also, the shields shouldn't come as an automatic asset. Each team should have to earn a shield by completing a certain task or tasks. I'll leave that up to you guys. I've found that a lot of Legions games have been won by the team that deviated most in their gameplay style, I.E., a chaser became a stay-at-home HoF. Surprise is the ultimate weapon, and mixing things up opens a lot of doors for opportunity. Now, as you said, Piggeh, if each team got assets from the "get-go", who on each team would decide when/where the assets were used? This drives me to bring up the idea of a team captain. A vote would be held in a brief 1 minute wait time before each game was started, and the captain could order an asset to be used, call in an artillery strike, call in a recon UAV, etc. I'm not trying to make Legions like CoD games (Yucky!!). Just remember that Legions takes place in the very far future. There should be some kind of unmanned recon vehicle. Just a thought.​

Legions need some drastic stuff, and not just HSHRT's. I'm suggesting indestructible laser turrets with automatic fire. Also, the HSHRT's won't be "smart". What I mean by this is that they'll have to be manned by a player, and a 2 second wait for lock-on to an enemies required in order to fire. This way noobs can't TK with it. We need turrets, shields, mines, maybe artillery. What we really need is a very dynamic environment. Even a gatling gun turret with infinite ammunition but rapid overheat would work pretty well. Vehicles too, but we don't really need those. Before you guys go off saying that turrets and artillery would make the game stupid and OP, just remember that even though it may be out of your comfort zone, the same type of gameplay over and over just doesn't make for an interesting game. Legions is pretty freaking sweet, with the jets and OD and all, but maybe if strategic artillery/airstrikes/turrets/mines/medpacks/IED's/recon UAV's were implemented, there would be more of a need for tactical gameplay. Just my thoughts on this. :rolleyes:

[Edit]: I sincerely apologize for making my stats for the HSHRT's seem a bit OP. I'm not at all a lover of OP weapons, turrets, or assets in ANY game. They ruin it. :( I'm also not good at all with these health percentages, so someone else would need to work that out. I'm just trying to get the basic idea out there. =]​