4 team matches

Robbz

I would like to host a Team DeathMatch Tournament on my server. I would like ideas on how to handle this. I was thinking since my server can hold 64 to make 4 teams of 16 to brawl it out. Is it possible to have 4 teams? If so how would we make this work? Please discuss...

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Unless you changed it, the maximum players per server is 32. The value can be found in live/server/preferences/config.cs

Sin

Private Tester
He did propose an interesting question here, is there a way to have more that two teams?

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
You'd have to manually change a lot of stuff. And I mean a lot... It's probably possible though. Actually, come to think of it.. let's see, what would have to be special about having an additional team...

• Unique IFF Indication
  • Ability to select that team
  • Scoring system for that team
  • spawnpoints for that team
The first and third are easy to implement, though I don't know how you would do the second or fourth. The second might be as simple as a GUI or as complex as an engine change. I get the feeling though that the solution to the fourth one is going to be rather hackish unless you actually can integrate additional teams which as I said before, idk if it's possible.

You'd have to manually change a lot of stuff. And I mean a lot... It's probably possible though. Actually, come to think of it.. let's see, what would have to be special about having an additional team...

• Unique IFF Indication
  • Ability to select that team
  • Scoring system for that team
  • spawnpoints for that team
The first and third are easy to implement, though I don't know how you would do the second or fourth. The second might be as simple as a GUI or as complex as an engine change. I get the feeling though that the solution to the fourth one is going to be rather hackish unless you actually can integrate additional teams which as I said before, idk if it's possible.
I can see us using the Rabbit Flag spawn mechanic to make this happen? With the 4th one that is.