Oceanic Legions Server Now Operational!

tribesanz

Hi there!

I am pleased to announce that the tribesanz.com team have now provisioned a legions server for the oceanic region.

The server is biased in sunny Sydney Australia and should give aussies and kiwi's decent pings (I get a ping of 10 while in server). It is currently open to the public to enjoy but on occasion may be locked due to pick up games taking place, that being said anyone here is MORE than welcome to join us for these pugs. All you have to do is come onto our community mumble (also free to use) and you are good to go.

Hope to see you in game!

A little bit about tribesanz.com - We are the community hub for the competitive scene for tribes ascend we have community members have played tribes games since the release Tribes 1 over 10 years ago. We provide a range of community biased services for the auusie tribes community such as free access to mumble server, community forums and dedicated servers for every single tribes game available, so come on over and say hi!

www.tribesanz.com

Fixious

Test Lead
Great stuff! I remember when you guys launched your website not too long ago for T:A. Nice to see you expand.

k e v i n

Private Tester
that's awesome....although i'm no where close to australia, hopefully that can attract some more aussies

it's also great to see you guys expand outside of tribes too...i'm also checking out tribesanz.com now:p

edit: also, i don't know if this may be a stupid question or not, or maybe just not bother ask....but if you're all about tribes, then why set up a legions server?

tribesanz

thats a good question. A lot of our community members are also legions players, just like a lot of our community members play CS:GO and TF2, we are all about community so we provide servers them to play on in both a competitive environment as well as a pub environment.

Royalty

The Aussie
Wow...
Thank you so much...
Now all we have to do is find the playerbase...
Thanks for giving me and my fellow Aussies exceptional ping!

Unfortunately, I literally broke my arm 3 hours before this... so Legions will have to wait a while.

Maxter

Good for you Aussies! Glad there are people in Tribes Ascend community who like to try out other games and respect their communities unlike the usual ignorant jackasses I know.

Royalty

The Aussie
Had a little duel in there earlier. I ping at about 30-45. Hopefully we can get some more people in there.
(Fortunately, the fractured arm still allows me to reach WASD).

Royalty

The Aussie
UPDATE FOR 24/03/13

Well today we had about 20 different people in the server, 16 of which where Aussies. We always had at least 6 people in the server from 4pm-7pm at all times, and at one stage had 10 people in there. This is outstanding progress.

What is even better news is that the new Aussies are learning quickly, with around 50% being competent players. The others just need some guidance from myself and the other players. I have witnessed a diverse skill set, and some of the US players who popped in where comparing the newbloods to future shaska's and U8er's, in regards to their strengths. Personally, I'm just enjoying being the best player in the server and enjoying some amazing catches in Team Rabbit with an Aussie called McDanger, who really is quite competent at skiing and catching.

Looking forward to seeing the community grow even more. :) We may not have to wait till Steam after all :).

McDanger

Personally, I'm just enjoying being the best player in the server
Not for long! Still mad you beat me 350 to 330 in that TR game :p

Anyways; yeah it was a busy day. It will be fun to see if this takes off. Those of us that did play today seemed to love it; and people are starting to get a handle on the physics.

I'm not sure how often we'll see people just show up in the servers; but if you hang out in the tanz mumble channel, people will know someone is playing and may join in. (No promises!)

Lots of people are reporting problems with the main.cs? bug; so that's getting in the way a bit. Also I might start looking/asking if there is anything we can do with the UI. A common complaint is info is hard to find.

Anyways gg's all round.

k e v i n

Private Tester
this is all great to hear....because of the time difference, i may not get to play with any aussies:(
but this is all good news, and i hope more are able to join, hopefully i'll get to play with u guys one day with my over 250 ping:)

Poponfu

Lead Developer
Lots of people are reporting problems with the main.cs?

Are these people doing a fresh install of the game ? Not updating any previous live/public test.

A common complaint is info is hard to find.

What info is usually mentioned about this ?

Royalty

The Aussie
I
Not for long! Still mad you beat me 350 to 330 in that TR game :p

Anyways; yeah it was a busy day. It will be fun to see if this takes off. Those of us that did play today seemed to love it; and people are starting to get a handle on the physics.

I'm not sure how often we'll see people just show up in the servers; but if you hang out in the tanz mumble channel, people will know someone is playing and may join in. (No promises!)

Lots of people are reporting problems with the main.cs? bug; so that's getting in the way a bit. Also I might start looking/asking if there is anything we can do with the UI. A common complaint is info is hard to find.

Anyways gg's all round.
I have a feeling we have a good relationship ahead of us...
Perhaps we'll be the next Zante and Hi? (US players who are pro at TR).

McDanger

Are these people doing a fresh install of the game ? Not updating any previous live/public test.

What info is usually mentioned about this ?
Yes. Most of the issues have been fresh installs on 1.40. They play the game once then have to redownload. I think I saw the solution somewhere as "delete everything, then try again", so if that's the case I'll pass it round.
Edit: I should add, I updated a previous version and am not having any trouble... seems to be fresh installs only.

Regarding the UI; the most common ones are flags and ammo. Finding it hard to tell where flags are & generally finding out how much ammo we have left after we run out :D These could be because we're all scrubs though.

@ royalty: I didn't sign up for a relationship! Jokes aside, I love me some TR (and there certainly will be more!), but I think the server will be primarily CTF if we get people into it(which is still good for flag play, so no problem!)