Huge Update Around the Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royalty

The Aussie
I will continue hovering for the moment being, I think. I will pop in for a game or two to check out the update...
Once I get a new computer (hopefully in Dec/Jan) I will resume playing Legions.
This will mean 300 FPS for me, and will also mean that I can set up my shitty laptop as a 24/7 Legions server! YAY!

xlr8434

I will continue hovering for the moment being, I think. I will pop in for a game or two to check out the update...
Once I get a new computer (hopefully in Dec/Jan) I will resume playing Legions.
This will mean 300 FPS for me, and will also mean that I can set up my shitty laptop as a 24/7 Legions server! YAY!
Where do you live? :D

havocblitz

ATT444.gif

clapping.gif

k e v i n

Private Tester
Well, switch to lite- the game is changing, buy a new pc :D But afterall, lets just wait for the update ;)
i currently use lite, but i was talking for the newer players who may not know there is a lite version or even how to change to lite since the download for lite doesn't work and you have to do it manually....it would just make things easier for everyone if there was an option to change the quality:)

That_Guy

Is engineer the only thing that levels up? Will we have to unlock the weapons we already like? And i guess all of our experience will start at 0? If thats the case whats the highest level cuz i may not play for a week and then everyone will be like level 800!

Fixious

Test Lead
Engineer is the only one that levels up. The weapon system is staying the same. Levels reset after the match ends, so it isn't a long-term thing. If you rank up to 10 or whatever in a single match, you'll start at 0 the next.

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
its like leveling in a MOBA, its just for the match, no long term thing. Kinda like a traditional RTS, actually. Every new map you start with crap, and gotta tech up to the good stuff.

Shisk

Also you can only level up if you got the engineer core
I think it would be better to add a global level system for one game
So you can switch your class and dont need to stay the whole game engineer
But if you switch someone else could take your engineer core because they are limited
Personally I would limit instead the count of deployments per type pro team (e.g. turret [maxplayer / 4])

Flamboyant

Are those new maps you guys will put in after the update?

Because again, I don't think it's a good idea for us to play frost byte forever...

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Are those new maps you guys will put in after the update?

Because again, I don't think it's a good idea for us to play frost byte forever...

If you're asking are there going to be more official developed maps, most certainly there would be at some point. If you're asking about community made maps being put into the official map rotation, probably not, but a 'user map' server would definitely be cool. Albeit a bit of a pain for new players as they'd have to download the usermade map playing, as the map would not be part of the Legions launcher.

As a side note: whether you're going by the name Xection or Flamboyant, no need to create multiple threads with questions re: the new update. We're trying to keep the questions located in that thread (for Bugs' easy perusal) and it's a bit of a pain having to merge your threads in there.

Thanks!

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Albeit a bit of a pain for new players as they'd have to download the usermade map playing, as the map would not be part of the Legions launcher.

Many games get around this problem by getting the user to download the map from the custom server; legions could do a similar thing.

My real question is what was the deal struk between the dev team and IAC? Do we now own the IP, or have we just been licensed to use it more?

Status
Not open for further replies.