How much should I spend on my girlfriend for her birthday

Dacil

Can you play any instruments? Maybe you could write her a song from the heart. Ladies love when guys strap on the balls to sing to them. It's also incredibly inexpensive to do so (unless you're the professional who wants to have high quality recording equipment and all that jazz).
my love did that! definitely in the top two best gifts evah

HVanquish

Before she broke up with me, my girlfriend's favorite gifts were 2 poems that i made for 3month anniversary and then her birthday and then i got a picture of us framed for the 1 year. Poems are good/easy/easy to get help on, but 99% of poems for girls will probably use the word love. Also, a framed picture might seem to attached to some people and almost synonymous to the idea of love. On the other hand for christmas i got her an emerald necklace that she still wears. It was about 70 dollars (small emerald)

yami

Private Tester
Ok it's weird because I'm pretty sure he's trollin but some of the best ideas have come from Seymour. She would probably love a sock monkey and I actually know how to work a sewing machine but I have absolutely no idea how I would be able to access one. She also likes panda's but I am kind of turned off to the idea of giving socks as a present just because pop culture frequently uses socks as the cliche "shitty present".

I'm an engineer and she's a dietetics major (MRS degree as I frequently tell her). And I'll be damned if I ever write poetry for a girl who isn't a victoria's secret model or hotter, and my atrocious attempts at poetry will send any girl running for the hills faster than I can say "Litmus paper is red, and sometimes blue, titrations are sexy, and your tits are too"

Also, a couple of people made it sound like Christmas was actually more important (i.e. deserving of a more expensive present) than birthdays. I was under the impression that birthdays are more important? So now I'm even more confused.

BugGirl

Wommin of Legions
...And I'll be damned if I ever write poetry for a girl who isn't a victoria's secret model or hotter, and my atrocious attempts at poetry will send any girl running for the hills...

...?
So you have this thing that causes women to flee from you in all directions, and you're saving it for use on supermodels?

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
Ok it's weird because I'm pretty sure he's trollin but some of the best ideas have come from Seymour. She would probably love a sock monkey and I actually know how to work a sewing machine but I have absolutely no idea how I would be able to access one. She also likes panda's but I am kind of turned off to the idea of giving socks as a present just because pop culture frequently uses socks as the cliche "shitty present".

I'm an engineer and she's a dietetics major (MRS degree as I frequently tell her). And I'll be damned if I ever write poetry for a girl who isn't a victoria's secret model or hotter, and my atrocious attempts at poetry will send any girl running for the hills faster than I can say "Litmus paper is red, and sometimes blue, titrations are sexy, and your tits are too"

Also, a couple of people made it sound like Christmas was actually more important (i.e. deserving of a more expensive present) than birthdays. I was under the impression that birthdays are more important? So now I'm even more confused.
Listen to the Jordahan!

Edit also rank goes
Anniversaries
Valentine's Day
Birthdays
Christmas
Other holidays (IMO)

Libra

Dude cheap jewelry from kmart/sears is the way to go chick flick dinner kmart/sears jewelry

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
Dude cheap jewelry from kmart/sears is the way to go chick flick dinner kmart/sears jewelry
Don't get cheap jewellery that's stupid, it looks like *chocolate cookies* and chances are she can tell. Dinner and a movie is good though.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
At this point, I don't really know what to say as far as advice goes (I don't interact well with girls that aren't geeks/nerds lol). Something small. If you can't think of anything, just go browse wally world some time and just randomly look at stuff. Odds are you'll find something.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Ok it's weird because I'm pretty sure he's trollin but some of the best ideas have come from Seymour.

Seymour doesn't troll when it comes to the politics of Love.

Also, at least in the early stages of a relationship, I believe birthdays are more important in a strategic sense. The Birthday represents a holiday just for her, and it's your chance to make it a memorable day for her without having to worry about her upstaging you with her gift for you at Christmas. As long as you don't forget the date, you'll look like a hero to her due to your desire to make her birthday a special one.

As you get older and marriage dynamics come into play, you'll find that her birthdays are more meant as an occasion for her to get out of the house for a day (or weekend), so she can socialize with her friends at the bar (likely getting into a terrible amount of trouble) while you're at home watching the Kid. Christmas, though, at least you'll get a present (or likely a spending allowance) to buy yourself a new computer part (or two).

Sin

Private Tester
Something that is tangible that she can remember you by is the best advice I can give.
Also, as Jordan said, roses to start it off.

Freeman

RAYTANG
dinner and movie imo. keep it simple

from what i know, getting her jewellery now means that you have to get her an even better gift when it comes to your 1 year anniversary, whether or not you guys make it that far.

57thRomance

Oh, if you're going to get her anything super special, DO NOT GO TO FOREVER 21 TO GET JEWELRY. All girls know that Forever 21 is the cheapest retail place for that stuff, and a good amount of girls secretly get offended when guys get them gifts from that store.

Don't ask me how I know this...

yami

Private Tester
Ok it looks like I'm gonna take her out for a fancy dinner and get flowers and maybe a little present if I can find something good. I'm still trying to look for ways to access a sewing machine to make a sock monkey.. maybe a panda sock sock monkey?
Thanks for all the input.
Also I always felt like the rank was

Birthdays
Christmas
Valentines
Anniversary
(with anniversary hopping up above christmas in a marriage)