Tribes Ascend Beta Access On Sale!

Redvan

Private Tester
That's actually not true. But anyways, people eligible for the event got their notification via E-Mail.
ahh gotcha, guess i just hadn't heard of them doing keys, but then, i havent bothered to follow T:A

gotta say, from having played now 4ish hours, it's fun. The class system isn't quite what tribes players are used to, but it's interesting in its own way. The ability to customize your class is pretty cool too.

It is slow floaty tribes still though lol. However I feel like you have more ground control, so that makes lower speeds more bearable.

Noober

i have a key for close beta test, i'll try it on sunday i think..
a lot of old tribes friends tried it yesterday evening in a small pre beta test.. they told me that this game have a lot of BIG problem like:
No lateral strafe in fly
Too slow
Shitty disk jump
High ping
And so much other.. i don't remember now :(
But they had fun ^_^

Edit:
I've tried it today.. the max velocity you can reach is the slowest velocity on legions, that game is *chocolate cookies* imho :( :( :( :(

discord

Private Tester
i have a key for close beta test, i'll try it on sunday i think..
a lot of old tribes friends tried it yesterday evening in a small pre beta test.. they told me that this game have a lot of BIG problem like:
No lateral strafe in fly
Too slow
Shitty disk jump
High ping
And so much other.. i don't remember now :(
But they had fun ^_^

Edit:
I've tried it today.. the max velocity you can reach is the slowest velocity on legions, that game is *chocolate cookies* imho :( :( :( :(

Lateral strafe is possible, you have to be very light on the controls and gain more control in air when jets and ski are both inactive. Carve by facing when on the ground.

Disc jumping is doable, but has odd mechanics. I'm getting used to it.

Ping sucks. Yeah. Still able to chase with 200 though.

The speed deal: Competition will have the speedcap either removed or raised to unattainable speeds. Right now I have a route that grabs at the speedcap and continues to maintain that for the rest of the trip back home. I'm interested to see what my actual possible speed is on that one. Guessing mid 300s to 400 given how many times I get my speed jerked away from me upon touching ground.

Noober

speedcap or not that game is *chocolate cookies* compared to legions...
I feel like a helium baloon.... slow and light.
*dance* this, that game have all things to be a great one.. generator, turret, inventory.. exept for phisic and too much smg, shotgun ecc!!! DAMN!
After tribes 1 and 2 this is a cursed series :( :( :( :(

Royalty

The Aussie
Can't believe that you guys are actually paying for a game that is:
  1. Going to be free
  2. *chocolate cookies*.
  3. In no way better than Legions.
  4. All of the above.

Abandoned

Can't believe that you guys are actually paying for a game that is:
  1. Going to be free
  2. *chocolate cookies*.
  3. In no way better than Legions.
  4. All of the above.

1) Isn't being able to play in Closed Beta, get VIP status, 800 Gold and 30day Boost pack not worth the 30dollars?
2) How do you know it's *chocolate cookies*? Have you played it? No, don't call a new game, that is still in BETA "*chocolate cookies*".
3) Legions is still in it's BETA phase, Same answer as my 2).
4) Not even a *dancing* point.