Core. If you could change anything about it...

Buhlitz

**this is not official**

what would it be?

The more detailed the better, I'm willing to take any and all sorts of feedback. I will then take all useful suggestions and implement them. This would just be for fun, for now and we'll see what happens.

Mhi200

From memory, I think it needs something like towers, or something to break up the large landscape. I remember that apart from the two bases and the valley inbetween with the lava river, it was a rather empty/boring map.

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
Red was bad. make it less red. :p

EDIT: I agree with more "stuff" on the map, making it more eye appealing for people, and making it more fun to ski on.

moronval

Private Tester
I think one of the problems with the map was the difference in travel time if you try to set up a side route compared to a front grab; especially with how effective front grabs are. If this travel time was more evened out as an incentive to go for a side route I could see core progressing beyond llama fest 2k9. Oh sure, there were those players who were incapable of changing their monitor's color settings to see players against the ground but I doubt that problem needs much elaboration.

making it more fun to ski on.

It was pretty fun to ski on already, you could actually think outside the norm and come up with viable routes. It was probably the only large map with flowing terrain too.

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
(it was probably because I never got a chance to ski it as a capper :p)

Ill say this as well: I like the building a lot. It had an inside that I could see as a small, possible first step to "inside bases" for Legions.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Actually, this map was most likely the map with the least effective front grabs (a good thing!), and great side- and backroutes, which for me, personally, were very fun to ski (I was one of our cappers on that map in competition). The terrain had its weak spots here and there (especially near OOBs), but you'll most likely know those areas already. It also had some balance problems, but the issue one heard about the most, really was the lighting. But I know you already had that fixed internally, so that shouldn't be a problem either. ;)

Unknown

Private Tester
I would like to be able to see the unfamiliar ground when I'm capping. There are some spots where I'm just not sure where to land without taking a closer look.

loc

#1 Private Tester
Well besides needing more cowbell,the openings on the sides of the base need to be a smidge wider,as to decrease the amount of times it took me to do this...... http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=691hl1&s=7
Other than that I agree with Gheist on the side and back routes being more effective and one of the harder maps for llamas.
and yes,crappy vid quality :(

snob

Visibility and the flow of hills and surfaces are what I believe are flawed with the map. A change of skybox and lighting, as well as a more visible surface texture would be required for the first. The terrain feels crammed with craters and crevices and sometimes you just can't dip into them accordingly, adding a few flat surfaces would flow well with the placement of the hills.

sh4rkb1t3

It could be made more interesting if the "death valley" were made more prominent, like if it spanned all the way across the map and was twice as wide, so you had to speed to go over it.

Falcon

Private Tester
I agree with Gheist on this one. There was a significant reward for taking the longer side/back routes. Then only thing I think that needs changing is one of the bowls under the base was significantly choppier than the other.

Brian Moore

I think Core is good how it is

Yeah it's a little Dull because of lack of Physical Structures, but i think its a good map

It could be made more interesting if the "death valley" were made more prominent, like if it spanned all the way across the map and was twice as wide, so you had to speed to go over it.

Love it!! then again most sentinals wouldn't be able to get over it lmao.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
It could use some sort of structures on either side of the so called death valley, if for no other purpose than for orientation. I mean, yes there's the HUD, but a little extra would help. It would also help liven it up a bit.

I think the hills in front of the bases should be lowered a bit, but thats my opinion, as its OK for an entrance, but you launch so high up some times by the time you hit the flag your dead due to the time defenders have to pin point your land