Killstreaks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

h2odragon

Awards would be nice, but killstreaks? NO! In MW2 it wasn't even about skill at a certain moment, it was about choosing the right killstreaks so you could kill as many as you want without putting any effort in it. I wouldn't want that to happen to any other game. This is mainly why MW2 was the worst CoD game IMO. Killstreaks are overrated and will kick you in the nuts later on.

You couldn't have ingame rewards for killstreaks in Legions, a lot of the roles people play require them to suicide. Plus, that'd make some people (Mabeline) become more unstoppable than they already are. As for rewards that are like stats, add up just to boast about, I'd love that. You'd need different rewards for each position though so everyone can get them if they play their role well.

Levi

No.. I think Legions is good because it stays simple in certain areas of the game, This is one of those areas that need to stay simple.
Do you think we should give killstreaks a go? I know for personal experience that killstreaks in Mw2 are a complete disaster, but they could be a minor thing in the game, like a laser tracking turret you can place in CTF base for a limited amount of time to defend the bomb. And maybe the highest would be an airstrike. I dont know, maybe we should test it out. Any ideas for killstreaks?
Yes you're right. Killstreaks will increase competition in a bad way. Legions is fun simply because of what it is.

i guess it would be nice to see who killed you and how he/she did it with a short video sequent

also kill strikes like in combat arms with doublekill multikill ultrakill fantastic and unbelivable would be a cool thing in FFA and TDM
maybe you get a better score for a high kill strike or so ...
Yes, but they should be EXTREMELY simple, like a 30 second UAV

Do you think we should give killstreaks a go? I know for personal experience that killstreaks in Mw2 are a complete disaster, but they could be a minor thing in the game, like a laser tracking turret you can place in CTF base for a limited amount of time to defend the bomb. And maybe the highest would be an airstrike. I dont know, maybe we should test it out. Any ideas for killstreaks?
The highest it should go is a uav for like 30 seconds. this way the game doesn't become unfair or retarded.

I think player stats is where this conversation is ultimately heading. Ones that can be accessed by all to view, that way we can all sit in irc after playing and stir each other up about it. In an earlier build of legions it used to say 'so and so MA'd so and so' on the screen for everyone to see, id like to see that come back as MA's have to be one of the highest levels 0f skills in the game, id like to know who is getting them :)

Calimo

I understand the idea of a kill streak... I mean... I guess its a positive reinforcement...

But I do not agree with the idea of We should let the side that is already winning, and is not having any issues winning... get better stuff! so they can keep winning! and the losing side can sit there.......and get shot at.... by gunships.....*starts to daze off*.... from.. the... sky ...that... CAN.. BE HARD TO SHOOT DOWN BECAUSE YOUR TEAM DOESN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT TO DO AND THE GUNSHIP HOVERS OVER YOUR SPAWN POINT LIKE A BUNCH OF BLOOD SUC... erm... yeah... I don't agree with kill streaks.... one game that gives me raging night terrors is enough thank you! :D

Put it this way, Omni's and pro's like them are skilled enough, why give them more of an advantage by rewarding their obscene amounts of kills with over powered rewards.

Now, I'm not saying i am completely against kill streak acknowledgement. It would be nice if every 5 kills [i.e. 5,10,15,20,etc.] a message pops up in the chat box saying something like "Player57843 has a X kill streak!" or something less corny. The idea of getting items like air strikes and stuff are kind of... stupid. The reason being, Legions maps are not like those of Call Of Duty. Our maps are much bigger and therefore air strikes would be rendered useless unless they targeted the WHOLE field, you know? Plus it could be useless if a map has large areas of the map underground or in buildings of sorts. and i have to agree with mabeline, kill streaks should just go die.

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
I've always been a fan of Q3 style medals and planned to experiment with them. Ingame rewards for those (like CoD does) are utter nonsense and I hope that trend dies in a fire.

They would be Overpowered as all hell.

Question answered, general consensus come to, thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.