Reversed Sniping Script (Request)

OG_Gutta

no, neither.

Make a new .cs file and paste the script into it.
Save as ReverseSnipe.cs or something.
Then place the .cs file in mods/autoexec folder.

or make the new .cs file into a zip and slap it in your live folder, but i would go for the autoexec folder method if you're use to how tribes ran scripts.

Thanks Armageddon. It works now :). It does have a couple of bugs though. The first one is that the weapon continues to fire after release. (Ex. I release the left-mouse button to fire. It fires, but continues to fire on its own afterwards.) And the second one is that the script is applied to all weapons.

Royalty

The Aussie
Thanks Armageddon. It works now :). It does have a couple of bugs though. The first one is that the weapon continues to fire after release. (Ex. I release the left-mouse button to fire. It fires, but continues to fire on its own afterwards.) And the second one is that the script is applied to all weapons.
Can you upload the final script for me?

Shisk

that code seems to work for me

Code:
package reversesniper {
    function fire(%val) {
        if($ActiveWeapon $= "Rifle") {
            if(!%val) {
                $mvTriggerCount0 += 2;
            }
        } else {
            $mvTriggerCount0++;
        }
    }
};
activatepackage(reversesniper);

OG_Gutta

Wow, I really liked the old sniper. I'm testing this.

Edit:
It seems that the script makes you auto-fire.
That's what it does for me to. RockyRex said that he didn't get to test it when he made it. Hopefully someone can fix it.

Edit: Nevermind. I think the code Shisk posted is the fixed version. Im going to test it to see if it still auto-fires.

Edit2: Yup. It works.

Arch

Legions Developer
Wow, I really liked the old sniper. I'm testing this.

Edit:
It seems that the script makes you auto-fire.
That's kinda the point. You have to hold the fire button to make it stop. Releasing the button is easier and faster than pressing the button.

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
Code:
package reversesniper {
    function fire(%val) {
        if ($ActiveWeapon $= "Rifle")
        {
            if(!%val)
            {
                $mvTriggerCount0 += 2;
            }
        }
        else
        {
            $mvTriggerCount0++;
        }
    }
};

Cleaned it up a bit from useless stuff. And yeah, I don't know what I was thinking when writing the first one. :p

Shisk

Ah than you used the mkII (if thats the correct name)

Than that should help you out
Code:
package reversesniper {
    function fire(%val) {
        if(($ActiveWeapon $= "Rifle") || ($ActiveWeapon $= "RifleSpecial")) {
            if(!%val) {
                $mvTriggerCount0 += 2;
            }
            $mvSniper = %val;
        } else {
            if($mvSniper) {
                $mvSniper = false;
            } else {
                $mvTriggerCount0++;
            }
        }
    }
};

legions

I think the reason the rifle is the way it is now is so you cant annoy people with that pesky lazer. But a personal lazer pointer that only the player could see would be kinda cool, but I don't see it happening considering it's the same as the bullet itself.
well couldnt they make it skinnier than the bullet itself and yeah i just want it to be so that only i can see it

Gheist

King of all Goblins
[...] i just want it to be so that only i can see it
Take a screenshot while firing the LR. Trace the beam from your weapon to your reticle. Transfer that line and integrate it into your LR reticle file. Voilà, permanent laserpointer, only visible for you.

legions

Take a screenshot while firing the LR. Trace the beam from your weapon to your reticle. Transfer that line and integrate it into your LR reticle file. Voilà, permanent laserpointer, only visible for you.
no like when i hold the laserifle like the old legions