PLEASE! how do i get onto a private server?

wetflame1969

How do i get onto a private server? i know it has something to do with teamspeak. Please dont give me a lot of : "Just go to the ASR and do the RAK and then follow through with a JWQ, then use the client script HSIOHFOS tp find the password" please.. i dont speak computer!

Mahidhar

You don't need to "speak computer", to play in a Pick Up. All you need to do, is download and install TeamSpeak 3. Then just click connect, choose a nick name and type "ts3.legionsoverdrive.com" (without quotes) in the Address bar(there is no password). Just idle there, and message anyone you see, and they should help you out, with the rest.

Freeman

RAYTANG
How do i get onto a private server? i know it has something to do with teamspeak. Please dont give me a lot of : "Just go to the ASR and do the RAK and then follow through with a JWQ, then use the client script HSIOHFOS tp find the password" please.. i dont speak computer!

Private servers are used for pick-up games and scrims. If you are not a part of the pick up/scrim, you cannot join the server. If you are picked for the pickup game, you will receive a password that will enable you to join the server. but again, thats only if youre picked.

LjuboM

i think that private server is bad idea.
i think that most of the fun is in there because i can see some familiar players inside.
i think it is a bad idea because people are lazy to do all those stuff just to get into one ferver that is just a bit cooler.
also people don't realy know what teamspeak3 or pug is just like i don't know =).
and all that picking thing? -.-..
god. it makes me more lazy to do anything about it!

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
i think that most of the fun is in there because i can see some familiar players inside.
i think it is a bad idea because people are lazy to do all those stuff just to get into one ferver that is just a bit cooler.
also people don't realy know what teamspeak3 or pug is just like i don't know =).
Private servers are a little bit different, they're not for public games. You'll probably see a lot of your familiar friends if you don't know what Teamspeak or pickups are. Its just more organization for some of the veterans. Instead of joining servers through copy pasting codes, there are private servers. The servers existed previously, but you couldn't see them. Thats all.

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster

private servers have always been there, you just never used to be able to see they were there.
the way it is now makes it a lot easier to be able to join a pickup, and if you are too lazy to be able to learn how to do it then dont complain.

hang out on #legions in irc if you need more info or help with joining pickups.

BestCharmie

Private servers = good idea
Reasons:
1. no stupid osnipers
2. no stupid people
3. no stupid complainers
4. organized
5. no stupid people
7. your post makes this sound stupid
6. get a dictionary
8. you try going to a pug with that kind of attitude = dead

And also:
Goldfish NOU.png

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
Private servers = good idea
Reasons:
1. no stupid osnipers
2. no stupid people
3. no stupid complainers
4. organized
5. no stupid people
7. your post makes this sound stupid
6. get a dictionary
8. you try going to a pug with that kind of attitude = dead

1. fair enough
2. wut?
3. u serious?
4. meh?
5. again, wut?
7. it makes him sound lazy and ignorant.
6. :/
8. He WON'T get into a pug with that attitude

Fixious

Test Lead
His arguments are sound, if a bit vague. Private servers are an absolute must if you want a good, competitive game of Legions. Up until a month or two ago I didn't think twice about joining PUGs, and merely played in PUBs like a lot of other players. But once I started getting into pick ups I quickly realized just how asinine PUBs really are, and it became nigh impossible to actually enjoy them without raging at how retarded things are. I won't get into all that because this isn't the thread for it.

tl;dr: Private servers are good. End of discussion.

Disci

Old man

Where is the problem? You're lazy and that's ok, but what does it have to do with private servers? I don't get it.