What do you think

Which is Better ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Siantlark

I'd say Legions simply because I started in Legions and when I moved to Tribes when IA went down for a while I thought:

"I switched from driving a Nissan GT-R R34 to driving an oil tanker."

Disci

Old man
I'd say Legions simply because I started in Legions and when I moved to Tribes when IA went down for a while I thought:

"I switched from driving a Nissan GT-R R34 to driving an oil tanker."

Yeah. In this case your Nissan would only have motor, steering wheel and tires. Enjoy driving fast!

HellzHere

whut?
Not sure you mean't to quote me because it makes no sense.

Well i am disagree with you saying we needed tribes to make legions. Like i said eventually some guy would had said lets make a fast paced shooter. Thats how anything is made.

Lately I need something to toast my bread! I will invent a machine and call it the toaster.

Armageddon

Teapot
Well i am disagree with you saying we needed tribes to make legions. Like i said eventually some guy would had said lets make a fast paced shooter. Thats how anything is made.

Lately I need something to toast my bread! I will invent a machine and call it the toaster.

In the real world yes this is what happened, in made up bullshit land your theory could be correct.

Ucantry2run

Private Tester

Legions had to be based off of something. As I recall, Legions is the "SPIRITUAL SUCCESSOR TO TRIBES."

Redvan

Private Tester
The only good thing about Tribes is it has more things to do. However, it also makes it easier to do things: Slow movement and high splash weapons, deployable turrets and mines for skilless kills, etc...

In Legions, the actual player has to be good. You can't just rely on spamming high splash everywhere to get kills (think HO in Tribes), you can't just set up a turret farm and watch as someone with no maneuverability gets stuck in the middle of it. The predictability of where your opponent is going makes for conveniently easy shots that are aided by huge splash.

While I do want L:O to have more options than its current state, at its core, it is based on a higher level of player skill than Tribes.

I guess that's what happend back in 1998!

FALCON 4.0 came out! Best thing that ever happened to PC! And it still has more players than Tribes to this day! Not to mention community updated graphics, physics, and realism...

Sharp

Private Tester
The only good thing about Tribes is it has more things to do. However, it also makes it easier to do things: Slow movement and high splash weapons, deployable turrets and mines for skilless kills, etc...

In Legions, the actual player has to be good. You can't just rely on spamming high splash everywhere to get kills (think HO in Tribes), you can't just set up a turret farm and watch as someone with no maneuverability gets stuck in the middle of it. The predictability of where your opponent is going makes for conveniently easy shots that are aided by huge splash.

While I do want L:O to have more options than its current state, at its core, it is based on a higher level of player skill than Tribes.

lol

Abandoned

It's unfair to make final judgements on what game is better.
Legions: Overdrive is still in developement, so later on in the future when L:O is more developed; it will [hopefully] be everyone's choice of FPS fast-paced shooter.