Ignorance - The downfall of Legions

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Gorge is the same size as Forgotten - which is larger than Frostbyte

What? No it isn't. Its the same size as frostbyte, the bases are just in the corners. The maps can be played 10v10, but that usually results in a bad game. Example, the 10v10 we had on gorge was bad because there were too many players, and more players means that there is a greater chance for the game to be unbalanced. The only way to solve this is to play a bigger map.

I have yet to play a decent 10v10, quite frankly, and unless someone convinces me otherwise, spektrum won't be playing anything other 8v8.

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
So... Seems like US side of the community has slight issues going on.

Uhm... Seymour. Stop spreading love.

Application-1

test bester
Because I want to get the gorge thing over with, we played gorge 10v10 when it only just come out. We did it a few times and those were great games. The pug on the 10v10 gorge we played last was just pure fail on our part (mostly mine because I could not see that the defense needed help and not the offense). Anyways I am going to push pugs around more to play different maps aswell. We do alot of different maps, but frostbyte returns still too many times.

Also everyone like frostbyte and I think that has something to do with the fact that it is no symmetrical in any way. The bases are for once not opposite of eachother. But still there are enough front/side/back routes to be done by both teams. This is how it should be done, not making stuf symetrical so that you are 100% sure that both teams have the same routes so that a side won't be better.

Also I am not saying that the other maps suck, it is just that if you have a few great maps then a not symmetrical map will stand out much more.

I agree with you very much kissy. I am not much of a pickup fan. Every game has to be so damn serious. What does G stand for in PuG again?? I will take pub stomping over PUG any day not because I am always at top... in fact that sucks.... but because I can relax and listen to music while killing people.

Now that even pub games arnt doing it for me, getting full of some db's lately, I am going to go find another fps game for a bit. I will be on from time to time, I do feel like I did help somewhat make this game what it is.

Noober

Kissface, i never played pug before, and i will never play it if the only two map that is played is frostbyte and zentih...
I quote what you said and i'm very sad to hear this.
i hope this is not the truth... i love map like forgotten and elegiac.

Frostbyte is boring now.... every time this map! the noobs uncles and grandfathers know it in minimums details.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Kissface, i never played pug before, and i will never play it if the only two map that is played is frostbyte and zentih... [...]
Well, you're an european player, and luckily we don't have those issues around here. ;) This thread is basically "just" dealing with US PuGs. That's bad enough though.

I don't play in PUG's at all. Main reason is, the captains are incredibly bias in the players they pick and the positions they assign to people. They normally pick all the "good" players first then IF there are any spots left they pick the "bad" or "new" people. They put all the "bad" or "new" players on LO, then rage at them if they can't do their job because they are less skilled.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
I don't play in PUG's at all. Main reason is, the captains are incredibly bias in the players they pick and the positions they assign to people. They normally pick all the "good" players first then IF there are any spots left they pick the "bad" or "new" people. They put all the "bad" or "new" players on LO, then rage at them if they can't do their job because they are less skilled.

Yarr, that's where newblood pickups come in. Although, I agree with you on the point about captains or the better people shouting and swearing at other players for making a mistake. I'm guilty of it sometimes, but I try and keep it to a minimum and focus the team. I've spent some time in American pickups and met some nasty people who I've had to try and play ball with, so I can see your point. Euro pickups are much more timid.

Sin

Private Tester
Honestly? I really don't think we have a "community" I think there's a tight-knit little club of players who picks each other in pickups, and doesn't pay attention to any of the newer people.
Which is why I stay off of the Legions TS. The environment is less than civil. Tbh, Euro pugs are way more fun than US, because from what I've seen, Euro players are friendly and encouraging, while the US players are angry and criticize any, and I mean ANY, mistake you make, accidentally or not.

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
I stay off of the Legions TS.
You stay out of Legions TS, but you think you know whats happening currently?
confused-face.jpg

blabla12

I can't disagree with Sin. The legions captains never do pick other newer people to play in pugs, they always choose the person that THEY think is better. They should open it up more. I have had incidences where I enter into the channel and they choose me for whatever position, but say someone they know enters the channel and i just took up the last spot. "Oh hey look! its so and so! Ok blabla we will switch you for him" It makes me mad that I cant even play a pug without getting kicked off.

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
I stay off it mostly, I didn't say all the time. It's not hard to change your name before you enter the server and just quietly listen.

There haven't been a lot of criticisms happening in pugs, regardless if you smurf in our channel or not. Also, the incident with Kissy and Mabel happened nine months ago. :p

I can't disagree with Sin. The legions captains never do pick other newer people to play in pugs, they always choose the person that THEY think is better. They should open it up more. I have had incidences where I enter into the channel and they choose me for whatever position, but say someone they know enters the channel and i just took up the last spot. "Oh hey look! its so and so! Ok blabla we will switch you for him" It makes me mad that I cant even play a pug without getting kicked off.
I've been in most of the PUGs happening as of recently, and that hasn't happened since I brought it up in a thread...

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
There haven't been a lot of criticisms happening in pugs, regardless if you smurf in our channel or not. Also, the incident with Kissy and Mabel happened nine months ago. :p

I've been in most of the PUGs happening as of recently, and that hasn't happened since I brought it up in a thread...

While I like you Ucan, and several others (Notably Sharp and the other Fire) I feel that some people within the American side of the community are really pushy when it comes to competitiveness. I feel that as a person, this people actually make me feel worse and in fact want me not to play. I rarely see the point in staying up overnight for American pickups unless its with other Euro's.

Sorry Gheist, but I am going to name and shame here, as I feel that both Freeman556 and Rock have actually been over competitive and actually make the pickups a worse place. Rock for example, came and played a Euro pickup game on Fallout the other day - a 12v12 that I captained on Fallout. Needless to say, it was not my best performance as captain (As I am inexperienced when it comes to larger games and would prefer not to captain them), and we lost the game 10-1. However, Rock makes a notably memory as throughout the game he was whining about people's playing skills and what I call 'the details' of the game. All the way through the game he was making comments to people, and I believe "Made the team lose even worse" as he depressed the team and in fact disrupted team talk. After the awful game, he starts talking bullshit and saying that I can't captain at all. Evidently I couldn't because he was whining in my ear the entire game and a 12v12 really shouldn't imo of been played.

My clan member also told me that he was talking behind my back when I picked him to the rest of my team before the game even started, and when I later talked to him the next day, I raised the points to him, and he was a rude and particularly arrogant to me, and had an attitude of "Not giving a *chocolate cookies*"

Freeman on the other hand, was captaining a game. He picked me last (Fair enough as I am a Euro) and we played some Frostbyte (hmmm). He asked me to drop the flag as he was behind me and I was low. I couldn't see the guy, and I decided not to drop it as I felt I could make it home and because midfield drops can go awfully wrong. I passed the flag back home and unfortunately the enemy team got the return. Yes, my fault entirely, but what I was not prepared for was Freeman's rebuke. Needless to say it involved some swearing and such directed entirely at me. I thought, "What a bastard" as I was not prepared for the aggression of his attack. I later disconnected from the game halfway due to my Dad getting a little cross and pulling out the power lead for the router :( However, I already in my opinion have grounds to ragequit.

I name and shame here, just to use examples, and seeing as not many people have the guts to do so. I'm also not hating on the guys either, I'm just using them as examples. I hope I can play some decent games with you guys, but for the reasons mentioned above, I kinda don't want to. True, I wasn't always right, but there's no need to get angry over it.

In reply to your comment about people not complaining Ucan, the minority rarely gets a voice, but it does now within this thread.

Tbh, Euro pugs are way more fun than US, because from what I've seen, Euro players are friendly and encouraging, while the US players are angry and criticize any, and I mean ANY, mistake you make, accidentally or not.

<3 - Always try and include people, it break mah heart when we have to leave a guy out, as I know what it feels like from playing some American games. If you want to start playing some euro's come on down at 2 PM EST, on a Saturday. That's when we start pugging.

Status
Not open for further replies.