Map ideas

Libra

Oasis: Desert like terrain dunes like in mirage some patches of grass a couple of ponds/rivers/lakes basses would be low to the ground kind of like the basses in frostbyte

Core 2.0: An actual volcano in the center, geysers and lava streams across the entire map elevated basses like in the original core

Mars: mars terrain red soil, hills and, craters pieces of meteors and comets scattered around inactive volcanoes and some areas covered by ice the basses would be high towers or underground with tunnels leading to them

Tempest: Windy environment with grass, gravel, ponds/rivers/lakes, and hills. the wind would pick up randomly ranging from light gusts to hurricane like winds. the basses would be half above and underground

Sulfuric: A desolate polluted map acid pools, abandoned mines, polluted water, smoke stacks pumping out thick smoke, and a decaying terrain. the basses would most likely be in the abandoned mines

Tundra: Frozen landscape ponds/rivers/lakes would be frozen over weakening with every pass over them oil pipelines scattered around semi mountainous terrain basses on the mountains or tunnels leading inside the mountain

Oceania: Floating platforms connected to each other huge ships docked to the platforms basses above sea level tunnels leading to the flag submerged under water

Just a couple of ideas even if they are not possible just wanted to throw some of them on a post to see what you guys think

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
Meh, this just seems like lag central. Particle effects, bubbles, water, wind - it would cause a decent drop in FPS. As much as I love map ideas, without any sort of conceptual design, they are pretty useless.

Libra

i'll see what i can do i'll ask my cuz to draw up the concepts i'm trying to convey

I have so many ideas on my mind i usually don't post them people call me crazy for posting my thoughts lol

RedInk

How's this for a concept. A swamp map. In my head this map looked beautiful...like something that would end up in a James Cameron movie.
Once more, one of my super fast quick rough drafts that look so*breaths in*... good.
swampmapcopy.jpg

(The image above would be a base.)

The red lines represent where you should go if you want to grab the flag(jetting through the chutes). The flag sits in a small hole in a ridiculously huge tree. The roots would be severely deep, and lurking out to the rock and mud of the land. Thick Fog and pouring rain would of course be apart of this 'lovely' landscape. The tree that I imagined would be something like a two hundred foot willow. The leaves would glow onto the area below, illuminating the rocks, roots, and the tree. I have a dandy idea of what the rest of the map would look like.
Instead of hills..
There will be giant roots, snaking up and down that will be fitted for skiing.

The atmosphere should feel somewhat like Dagobah from Star Wars.
dagobah1.jpg

I've always wanted a map that had actual environment sounds. This would seem like a good map for sound... No space mosquitos though.
The sounds of the environment would be like this:
Sample 1
Sample 2
Sample 3
Sample 4
Sample 5
Sample 6
Sample 7

I can't access professional sounds/loops so what's there is what I've got.

I will actually take some time this summer to draw a really nice concept of this map.

Libra

i would love to see a polluted map like sulfuric the one i described that is one if any of the maps i suggested were to become reality thts my number one choice

anak

VIP
@redink: a good concept, but heavy defense would be ridiculous on that flagstand. only two directions to get the flag from, and most splash damage (from distract) will throw the HoF against the walls of the tree rather than out of the two openings.

Armageddon

Teapot
Hey it's my least favorite Tribes map! ;)

This cannot be true, i don't accept it.

Also what happened to the "Sun Dance" map we heard about back on IA?
I can't remember if it was made by a dev or by a player, but i do recall it was said to be in a legions update.

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
hmmm pretty sure this build of torque has no water, and pretty sure they didn't add the water because it was resouce hog... they had to meet requirements.

honestly if you haven't gotten a current generation computer in past year or two with current opperating system with the way pricing has been with technology these days, maybe you deserve not to play any pc games.

How's this for a concept. A swamp map. In my head this map looked beautiful...like something that would end up in a James Cameron movie.
Once more, one of my super fast quick rough drafts that look so*breaths in*... good.
swampmapcopy.jpg

(The image above would be a base.)

The red lines represent where you should go if you want to grab the flag(jetting through the chutes). The flag sits in a small hole in a ridiculously huge tree. The roots would be severely deep, and lurking out to the rock and mud of the land. Thick Fog and pouring rain would of course be apart of this 'lovely' landscape. The tree that I imagined would be something like a two hundred foot willow. The leaves would glow onto the area below, illuminating the rocks, roots, and the tree. I have a dandy idea of what the rest of the map would look like.
Instead of hills..
There will be giant roots, snaking up and down that will be fitted for skiing.

The atmosphere should feel somewhat like Dagobah from Star Wars.
dagobah1.jpg

I've always wanted a map that had actual environment sounds. This would seem like a good map for sound... No space mosquitos though.
The sounds of the environment would be like this:
Sample 1
Sample 2
Sample 3
Sample 4
Sample 5
Sample 6
Sample 7

I can't access professional sounds/loops so what's there is what I've got.

I will actually take some time this summer to draw a really nice concept of this map.

i like the tree idea but the tunneling in the tree would need to be more elaborate then that.

only1Bravo

Private Tester
This cannot be true, i don't accept it.

Also what happened to the "Sun Dance" map we heard about back on IA?
I can't remember if it was made by a dev or by a player, but i do recall it was said to be in a legions update.

I made Sundance, and unfortunately we cannot recreate or create blatant spinoffs of Tribes maps.

RedInk

Rename it and add a hill. Problem solved :)
Brilliant.

i like the tree idea but the tunneling in the tree would need to be more elaborate then that.
Well obviously! I'm no level designer so I don't know about the complexity of chutes, routes(lol), and structures. Have bravo call the shots.

@redink: a good concept, but heavy defense would be ridiculous on that flagstand. only two directions to get the flag from, and most splash damage (from distract) will throw the HoF against the walls of the tree rather than out of the two openings.
Make the tree half Georgia pine and send that sucker high up. I'd like to see a HoF get his rear up there.
As for the hole... We'll call it a 'glory hole' and make it ten times larger(along with the tree).

anak

VIP
but then.. what's the point of having a tree? if it's massive enough to be a concrete piping or something.

RedInk

but then.. what's the point of having a tree? if it's massive enough to be a concrete piping or something.
Or a metal tree...
Haha ridiculous. It would seem more appropriate is a base was built into/onto a giant tree. What's with me and a tree on this one? Idk, but I like it.