Brink Question

OmniNept

Actionaut
So I picked up Brink on the off chance it'd be competition worthy. It's not, but I was having fun until I noticed I was getting regularly two-shot by SMG's and AR's. Several other people have noticed this problem independently; seems to be recurring with particular players.

Has anyone with Brink been noticing this problem?

Darklord was talking about how he gave up on Splash Damage after Brink, so I'm sure he's raged all about it already.

Redvan

Private Tester
Yeah, I noticed one particular player 1 shotting me every time with a full auto rifle. Nobody else could, just him. Suspicious. Thinking I'm gonna browse the Brink forums next week and try to dig stuff up.

OmniNept

Actionaut
Well, there's absolutely some cheating already: lights and mediums have been running around with heavy-specific miniguns. At first, I figured the 2-shotting problem might be explained through lag; after playing numerous maps on multiple servers, though, that seems a less likely explanation.

Zhou

Private Tester
Been playing a fair bit as light medic with carb-9. Basically it doesn't two-shot but it has absolutely negligible recoil, even when bouncing around like a rabbit on amphetamines.

You'd be so *dancing* insane to use anything else at this point its not even funny.

For those who want to level fast and raep faec:
Carb 9 - muzzle flash - front grip - drum magazine - run at people screaming and watch them melt, especially if you have kevlar or medic buffs.

Its not a bad game as such, if a shoddy-arse release. But yeah, carb/the other decent smg is going to get nerfed or pretty much everything else is going to get buffed at some point, or 99% of players will use them.

Oh also, lights/mediums with miniguns are console exploits, and purely visual. They actually have the stats of a heavy, and probably the hitbox.

Redvan

Private Tester
Been playing a fair bit as light medic with carb-9. Basically it doesn't two-shot but it has absolutely negligible recoil, even when bouncing around like a rabbit on amphetamines.

You'd be so *dancing* insane to use anything else at this point its not even funny.

For those who want to level fast and raep faec:
Carb 9 - muzzle flash - front grip - drum magazine - run at people screaming and watch them melt, especially if you have kevlar or medic buffs.

Its not a bad game as such, if a shoddy-arse release. But yeah, carb/the other decent smg is going to get nerfed or pretty much everything else is going to get buffed at some point, or 99% of players will use them.

Oh also, lights/mediums with miniguns are console exploits, and purely visual. They actually have the stats of a heavy, and probably the hitbox.

Yeah, carb9, and any other SMG or AR is pretty easy for that matter. Hope they at least give them some recoil in the near future.