Can you use a Joy stick?

Prune_Juice

Yes Iam probably going to get grilled because I asked this question..... I am a complete newbie and I dont play many video games. If you can use the joy stick how would I go about setting it up. Thanks for your time.

Prune_Juice

its more for practicing for hand eye coordination test with a joy stick. Would it be some what easy t map it or whatever to make it work with joystick?

Or maybe is there a diffrent FREE FPS game out there that will accept a joystick? Any reccomendations?

Gravis

I'm not so certain you can use a gamepad/joystick with Legions. With X-Padder, maybe, but I remember emailing IA back in the day about using something like a 360 controller and they said it's pretty much pointless.

Prune_Juice

Thanks for the reply..... Do you know of any first person shooter games that are free that I could use a joy stick..... Basically I would like to use the joystick for aiming and shooting and use the arrow keys for movement.

Siantlark

Some of the things like Quake Live or Combat Arms might let you use a joystick. (Don't quote me on it though. I haven't played those things in a while and when I did it was always with a keyboard and mouse)

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
I've tried using a joystick before, and I prefer using the mouse. Its kinda hard to aim with a joystick. But no, I'm not certain of any other games that you might be able to use it with.

Ewrath

Playing with a joystick would bee amazing and includes accuracy increase by less than 3% percent!But no not really.

Prune_Juice

thanks for the responses. hmm.... that is a bummer. Like I said I am trying to do this for a specific test so I am not trying to be the best FPS guy.... just for practice. So even if there was some type of game that a ball floated around and bounced randomly off walls like "break out atari" and I could use a joy stick for sights and follow the ball around. I would probably pay money for a game like that. But besides the point. Do you think using a program like xpadder would work or would that ONLY allow me to use the joy stick?

Siper

Private Tester
You should give the joystick a try... back in the day there was players which used an xbox controller, they kinda sucked but you might be able to pull off skiing and maybe do some capping in pubs? might be fun

Propkid

I always wanted to l2p some games with a joystick ;O Good luck mate.
HEYHEYHEY, why did Ace of Aces just spring up to my mind when thinking about the perfect joystick game? :]

A2

You can play Leejunz to some extent on a controller but quick turns and dueling makes it soooooooo tough. I see your just testing it so yeah best of luck on that.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
I think it would be kinda funky to see if legions worked well with a Joystick. After all, Joysticks are best known for flight simulators, and what does legions have? Jetpacks and flight. I think you'd have to set the sensitivity of the joystick pretty low, otherwise you'd wouldn't get the midair kind of accuracy. Only thing I see being a problem is then managing all the controls, but now that you've mentioned it, I actually want to try it :D

only1Bravo

Private Tester
There used to be some good Tribes players who only played with joysticks, so I'm sure it's possible.

With that said, I have no idea if they are compatible with Legions.

Fixious

Test Lead
I remember the first Tribes having an option to use a joystick. I never tried it though. Someone should try the Steel Battalion controller with Legions.

Steel-Batallion-controller.jpg

:D

57thEnryu

legions meets mech warfare.....ok then

One of the reasons I like the PC over consoles is bc you have much better control than with a joystick or controller, why would anyone want o plug a controller in and negate all that accuracy the mouse gives you?