Game Modes

Which gametype would you like to see next in Legions: Overdrive?

• Deathmatch

Votes: 65 23.4%
  • Team Deathmatch

Votes: 106 38.1%
  • Hunters

Votes: 53 19.1%
  • Rabbit

Votes: 99 35.6%
  • Arena

Votes: 123 44.2%
  • Other (Please describe)

Votes: 28 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda5891

I would like to see single flag CTF. For those who don't know, the difference between this and regular CTF is that only one team would be capturing while the other team would be devoted to defending the flag.

Also I voted for Hunters because I love that game mode.

Lastly, if you do make an Arena mode I hope that sniping would be dealt with someway so it isn't to easy to just hide and snipe.

RainPilot

stinky bear
In Tribes (Oooohhh no I played tribes!!) I really enjoyed TAC. Tactical aerial combat, some guys over at vV call this ninja platforms. It simply is just like the game you played on the playground when you were like 8. Hot LAVA!!!! You duel around a base without touching the ground. This therefore inspires one to watch where he is landing while at the same time trying to MA/Chain out the enemy. We usually play this on the Niv middle bridge going from platform to platform. Works pretty good till someone cheats and says they didn't hit the ground ;). We have also played it on Forgotten's base really fun stuff there.
This.

57thRomance

Arena sounds like Search and Destroy in the COD series. That game mode is awesome, but it scares the crap out of me when I'm the only one on my team up against 3+ opponents.

Fijster

I'm dumb. I didn't realize I could vote for multiples. I voted for TDM but would love to have DM, Rabbit, and Arena. The more options, the better! I know each would take time but I hope looking forward the options will just get more and more diverse

Jodediah

I like the idea of arena and rabbit, but I'd like to see some sandbox-like open world stuff (haven't put much thought into it yet. :p)

DeceptiveAlarm

I voted for arena , I play tribes 2 sometimes and people are still playing arena. I like hunter but few people play it same as rabbit. I know this isnt tribes but there is about the same amount of people and it seems like arena may do best. I do like the idea of rotating though. I think that would be a good way to see what people like best.

Apcizzle

I really dont think hunters works that well for legions..

Arena would be sick or a team gauntlet type mode. Even a duel mod would be work

Something out of the box would be a king of the hill type game.

RainPilot

stinky bear
Also, I'd like to see a conquest mode where teams compete in capturing a given space and earn a point for each space captured.

Two or more teams of 3 would fight over a given space, essentially clearing the space. The team that clears the space out has to have atleast one player in the space for 30 seconds to capture. Addtional players speed up the capturing of the space, I don't know the math but somehow it does, whether deducting seconds or speeding up capture rate. There will be 5 zones to capture and all teams spawn in a unique location. ( Team 1 in a corner, Team 2 in another, Team 3 in a pit) Until they capture a zone, they can only spawn from there. When they capture a zone, they spawn there. Once a zone is captured by a team, it cannot be captured by another team.

I don't know how you would 'highlight' a part of the map to be a zone but possibly just add marker on the Hud saying. Zone 1. Once zone 1 is captured, zone 2 is avaliable to be captured by another team. I think this would involve some team work so a team doesn't spread there players out to capture the next zone. It's a rough idea but I'd like to see it.

biggrin.png
biggrin.png
biggrin.png

I think Rabbit sounds the best, along with quiddich..... and IInteresting but simple thing to do is keep it on a timer so its moves from location to location and as far as that thign about just getting out of battle, well think that eventually (if possible) you should implement each of the game types into legions, but Hunter may pose a problem as people may camp by this 'nexus' and get cheap kills from the players trying to get points with their flags, as these players with flags will have likely have low health from their previous battle trying to obtain their flags (if you can follow that).

As for the server rotations, any method would be fine for me.

Please explain what CnH is.
Nice but simple thing to fix would to have it on a timer, move the 'Nexus' From one spot to the other... kinda like king of the hill from Halo. As far as just getting out of a battle and being low health well you can get mad if this happens to you but there is always a chance of you sneaking up on someone hurt as well therefor making the game Evenbut yet alot of group teamwork is needed...

Mhi200

How about: One-flag ctf (Like current ctf, but one flag spawns in the middle, and each team must return it to their base)
That base capture idea that was being tossed around a while ago (Eg stand in their base[on the ground] for X amount of time to capture it) - Might work without base assets, might not.

Also, In hunters, do the flags react like a ctf flag(eg rockets can move them), it would be funny to see them scatter just as someones going to pick them up >=)

Roach

Additional game mode: Dueling.

2 players are allowed to play at once, the rest wait in spectator mode. Whoever dies loses, or, failing that, whoever deals the most damage in a certain time limit wins. The loser is put into spectator mode and the winner fights the next contestant waiting in the server. Essentially very much the same as the "dueling" game mode of Quake Live.

May need to add something to force the players to go at each other rather than having one run away the whole time and drag it out, or worse, both run away. For example, create a small map intended for dueling.

Homingun

I think basically we are talking about CTP(capture the point). Pretty simple to understand. I think that would be an awesome game mode for legions as it is now.

Since CTP wasn't in the voting, I voted for Arena. But I think the the health regen needs to be changed to fit into this game mode. Basically, people can run and heal up.

Chi-Ro

Private Tester
In Tribes (Oooohhh no I played tribes!!) I really enjoyed TAC. Tactical aerial combat, some guys over at vV call this ninja platforms. It simply is just like the game you played on the playground when you were like 8. Hot LAVA!!!! You duel around a base without touching the ground. This therefore inspires one to watch where he is landing while at the same time trying to MA/Chain out the enemy. We usually play this on the Niv middle bridge going from platform to platform. Works pretty good till someone cheats and says they didn't hit the ground ;). We have also played it on Forgotten's base really fun stuff there.

This 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.