HEY GUYS!

Neo_Andy

Hey guys whats up?! Neo_Andy here i played back when it was first released i pride my self in being one of the best sentinels out there ^_^ well..back then i felt i was haha, anyways if anyone remembers anyone from the neo clan or anything hit me up!

also if i can get info on where i can get my hands on the game files for modding that would be awsome! i want to start doing some modifications to the old original game, im not a fan of the newer stuff i enjoy just having 3 weapons and classes. thanks!

Neo_Andy

so i still have my old copy of torque 3d that i bought years ago, can someone please direct me to how i can load the legions files onto the game engine? or any helpful process?

Fixious

Test Lead
That will be quite the task, since Legions wasn't built using T3D. It's technically possible (I've done it), but not really worth it unless you plan on doing a full-on port with multiplayer support.

also if i can get info on where i can get my hands on the game files for modding that would be awsome! i want to start doing some modifications to the old original game, im not a fan of the newer stuff i enjoy just having 3 weapons and classes. thanks!

This is fairly easy to do with the current version of Legions. You can ban items within the mission file. So for instance if you're looking for more of a 'classic' Legions experience, open game/legions/data/missions/mapName.mis. Towards the very top of the file you'll see new SimGroup(MissionItemBans). Replace that with the following:

Code:
   new SimGroup(MissionItemBans)
   {
      ban[EngineerCore] = 1;
      ban[WarpCore] = 1;
      ban[ShieldCore] = 1;
      ban[DodgeCore] = 1;
      ban[BoostCore] = 1;
      ban[RegenerationCore] = 1;
      ban[Blaster] = 1;
      ban[Plasma] = 1;
      ban[SkyboltLauncher] = 1;
      ban[BoostGrenade] = 1;
      ban[EmpGrenade] = 1;
      ban[FragGrenade] = 1;

};

Unfortunately this must be added to every map you wish to host. banlistdata.cs doesn't seem to be working anymore, which made this process a bit more streamline. Your file should look something like this:

ulpbK5G.png

Save the file and host the map. You shouldn't be able to select/use the items you banned.

Last edited:

Neo_Andy

Thanks a ton!!!! well if thats the case then i have been doing some research and i know a few people who can help me out with recreating the game within cryengine 3, unity, or unreal. this game has given me so much passion and even if it takes me tears i want to at least TRY to bring her back to her old glory as it was getting alot of attention back in the day. but i will occasionally be dropping in updates whenever i get the project started.

also is it possible to almost do a copy paste with coding amongst game engines?

Neo_Andy

i believe the revival of legions is like a 70% for sure because if it can become a VR game then just imagine of how amazing that would be. its like we are reliving 2008!!! nothing about the game has to change because its competitiveness and mechanics were what made it so god damn amazing!

Armageddon

Teapot
also is it possible to almost do a copy paste with coding amongst game engines?
No, while each engine is written in some form of C each also uses a different data structures and variables etc. so if you took for example the rocket projectile data from legions and just pasted it in any of those engines it would likely have no idea what any of it means.

Fixious

Test Lead
Bear in mind that you can't legally use Legions assets in other games/engines if you intend to distribute it. You can do whatever you want privately, though.

If you have a few grand laying around and feel like buying the IP, go for it.

Armageddon

Teapot
If you have a few grand laying around and feel like buying the IP, go for it.
Anyone know what price its around, out of curiosity. I've heard jord mention in a post the price wasn't worth it (not exact words but close), to you saying a few grand.

Fixious

Test Lead
By a few I mean like fifty. That would maybe start the process of talking about selling it.

(this isn't an official number.)

Last edited:

Neo_Andy

holy *chocolate cookies* :( that makes me sad but it wont stop me >:) mmmmm krazykristy i dotn remember her very well Dx