New Game - MIDAIR

Darklord

Private Tester
So, now that Kickstarter is just about here, testers are allowed to talk more about the game.

It plays very much like T1, and is really, really fun with small LT (5-7 man, lights only for those who don't know) pugs so far. Base still isn't done, so can't really comment on that.

Netcode is really, really good and is getting even better as time passes. We have Euros playing on NY servers and not being disadvantaged.

Anyone have any questions, or want to know more? If you ever enjoyed Legions, you are definitely going to want to back the KS and play the game. It will actually have a player base =)

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Anyone have any questions, or want to know more? If you ever enjoyed Legions, you are definitely going to want to back the KS and play the game. It will actually have a player base =)

How's the player scale? It looked proper in the videos I've seen, but just wanted to make sure we won't be playing using dwarfs again (ala Legions).

How is the mortar range and damage atm? Comparable to T1?

Darklord

Private Tester
Player scale is totally fine, everything feels natural there.

Mortar damage is gigantic, but falls off too quickly. Pretty sure Mabel is buffing it soon. Range is a tad short, though still very usable, and is also potentially being buffed. Base is still a work in progress, so balance for the heavy hasn't been a focus.

Jello

Contributor
Given that I've never played any tribes games....shitty computer problems....will it be hard to get the hang of the game if I'm coming from legions?

Application-1

test bester
Given that I've never played any tribes games....shitty computer problems....will it be hard to get the hang of the game if I'm coming from legions?
Without having played midair I can already say you will be a lot better off then anyone that would tryout the game without having played legions. You already took the time to play a game that is harder then most games out there and succeeded at becoming good at it. Yes I believe a tribes player will have a easier time stepping into midair then a legions player. But not by much. The only thing you might have real trouble with is adjusting yourself to the pace of the game. From what I have seen it is slower then legions and that is probably the only real bump you will run into.

And no downjet so if you are going fast you might overshoot a lot of hills in the beginning.

Darklord

Private Tester
App is right, you will be totally fine moving over, most of the concepts are the same. Gameflow is a bit different, particularly in base, but the skills are highly transferable.

Downjet isn't currently planned, but I know mabel has been missing it at times, as have I. One of those things we could potentially try out when some of the more critical features are implemented, and honestly it isn't truly needed, it just gives more flexibility in movement.

Sin

Private Tester
Without having played midair I can already say you will be a lot better off then anyone that would tryout the game without having played legions. You already took the time to play a game that is harder then most games out there and succeeded at becoming good at it. Yes I believe a tribes player will have a easier time stepping into midair then a legions player. But not by much. The only thing you might have real trouble with is adjusting yourself to the pace of the game. From what I have seen it is slower then legions and that is probably the only real bump you will run into.

And no downjet so if you are going fast you might overshoot a lot of hills in the beginning.

If you're playing LT, the pace is similar to legions, if not faster in some cases.

It's easy to get used to, I came from legions as well and have adapted. The lack of downjet is a little shocking for a legionnaire at first but you get used to it. It's most likely not coming, but who knows.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
You nerds could get yourself prepared for the game by having a Tribes-pug night next time you get together. I'm sure @Fixious would be more than happy to get you guys setup.

Fixious

Test Lead
It would have to be Ascend, which I have no interest in playing again. Watching Legions player try to get accustomed to T1's style of skiing sounds....awful.

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
I've stated this before, but as someone who played v. little tribes and an ungodly amount of legions: skiing is fine. It's weird at first not having downjet but you get used to it quick. I've even capped in a few PUGs and once or twice wasn't terrible at it. :p

Disci

Old man
I've stated this before, but as someone who played v. little tribes and an ungodly amount of legions: skiing is fine. It's weird at first not having downjet but you get used to it quick. I've even capped in a few PUGs and once or twice wasn't terrible at it. :p
Well you'd actually have to play hildebrand. Any other map would be too much for anyone who never played t1 :) Play around for about few weeks and then it'd be a bit different I guess.