PuG NIGHT BOYS

Accelerate

Private Tester
It's fun to change it up every now and then. I'm sure you don't want to continue playing HOF every *dancing* game for the rest of your legions career.

Sin

Private Tester
It's fun to change it up every now and then.

That's completely true for some people. No qualms with that.

I'm sure you don't want to continue playing HOF every *dancing* game for the rest of your legions career.

Idk how long you've been around but I've played HoF since IA. I play whatever position the captain places me in.

I'm all for having fun, but I'm not the player to lose a game on purpose.

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
Don't forget that you can never play the position that you want to play. We emphasize winning and assigning positions in a completely optimal manner instead of having fun. For example, sin would probably be picked 8th if he wasn't a HoF. These things make a difference. Please take this into consideration for next week's pugs. We are serious.

Application-1

test bester
If you mention yo I wanna play LD instead of cap for once and the captain finds a way to make it work that is all good in the hood shanaynay. But if it really does not work out in any way don't get angry/salty because of it.
I remember a time where people said in their name LO (if not I am sitting out). Don't bring that back boys.

Everyone knows that every single pug after being picked I ask can I cap instead of HoF. If its possible you see me capping if not I go HoF. After that one little squirm of ''but moooooooom i dont wanna hooooooooooof'' comes out and then I am still put on HoF. And then I do it because I know it is needed and that is how it goes.

Side note as my HoFing is improving again I am also enjoying it a lot more so I will probably ask for capping less (don't forget about the heavy capping though, I will always be there for you).

Xzanth

Legions Developer
There is a difference between saying you are only going to play a certain position, and saying you do not want to play a certain position.

Current official rules from thread:
Captains must take into consideration the needs of the players that they pick. Do not put your players on positions that they don't want to play. Doing so will make the experience less enjoyable for the player.This will also avoid frustration or possible conflict during the game. Players must follow the positions set by the captains for them and cannot decide without warning they are playing a different position. This could possibly lead to a temporary suspension from pick-up games.

Notice both the rules "Do not put your players on positions that they don't want to play" and "Players must follow the positions set by the captains for them"
The rule is there so people who get sick of always being put on the same position and no longer have fun playing that position don't always have to, not so that a player can start deciding for themselves what they're going to play in each game.

PUGs are played for the fun of everybody, so if you would have no fun playing a certain position then you should not be demanded to play it, and likewise if it would impact the balance of the game (and thus the fun of everybody else) you should not demand a certain position or say that you will not play a certain position after being picked. If you don't want to play a position inform the captains before picking starts so that picking can stay balanced and if that is the sole role you are good at, don't be surprised if you don't get picked.

Fixious

Test Lead
If you don't want to play a position inform the captains before picking starts so that picking can stay balanced and if that is the sole role you are good at, don't be surprised if you don't get picked.

This is pretty much why I've resorted to putting either LO or no cap next to my name, as capping doesn't interest me anymore. Just put whatever role you want to play next to your name if it's something other than what you usually do, and be serious about it. The T:A guys actually have separate rooms for each position, and players go to whatever room/role they want to play. It's hella clustered, but works for the most part. However I'm not sure if TS3 supports linked channels; if not then this wouldn't work.

Sin

Private Tester
picked 8th if he wasn't a HoF.
lol k

If you don't want to play a position inform the captains before picking starts so that picking can stay balanced and if that is the sole role you are good at, don't be surprised if you don't get picked.

/discussion. Although I don't agree with the entirety of this, it seems that people don't like the idea of sucking it up and playing.

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
Sometimes you just get annoyed af at a position. I've been burned out of playing stayhome a couple of times, and its literally the worst thing to have to play a position I don't play (almost as bad as allowing a game with stacked teams to be played). If someone tells me to play HoF though, I'm straight up refusing. Captains have a lot of overruling power when it comes to map and player picks, but putting a player on a position he doesn't want to play should be extremely last resort. Especially since a good amount of the community is versatile.

We'll start using the position in your name system and see how it works this weekend.

Notice both the rules "Do not put your players on positions that they don't want to play" and "Players must follow the positions set by the captains for them"
The rule is there so people who get sick of always being put on the same position and no longer have fun playing that position don't always have to, not so that a player can start deciding for themselves what they're going to play in each game.

IzSid

Honored Hero
OMG DISCUSSION!

I think we should do a snake draft with four captains next week if we get 24 (We should because spring break) and have a 6v6 round robin.

As for people not wanting to play positions, Captains should be the final voice at the end of the day but I personally don't mind people asking to play specific rolls that they don't often get to play. If you want to chase but never get to because DL, Nil, Accel etc always playing it you could do what App did and captain and then put yourself in the position. Although if you do this make sure you aren't awful at it or else you'll just piss everyone else off. And don't do what App did and snipe/chase as a euro that's just stupid.

Also if you want to captain, but are afraid you'll be a bad captain, just ask for help with picks and positions.

TylerMarket

Heisenberg.
And don't do what App did and snipe/chase as a euro that's just stupid.

In fairness i put him in that position when everyone was being smartasses about positions...he did do fine at chasing when he realized he should stop sniping:p

We'll start using the position in your name system and see how it works this weekend.

only problem i see with this is that some people are better at certain positions depending on the map being played...so should i have to update it every game after the map is picked? also people don't see others as being able to play certain positions regardless of them putting it in their name

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
1. only problem i see with this is that some people are better at certain positions depending on the map being played...so should i have to update it every game after the map is picked?

2. also people don't see others as being able to play certain positions regardless of them putting it in their name
1. Not really. Just put the positions that you want to play and we'll pick you based on what you listed, regardless of map.

2. Doesn't matter. Captains will have to respect it.

TylerMarket

Heisenberg.
1. Not really. Just put the positions that you want to play and we'll pick you based on what you listed, regardless of map.

2. Doesn't matter. Captains will have to respect it.

What i should say is that i could put (any) for my positions. I'd get picked but the captain may have had different plans for me than what i know i can do more effectively on a specific map. I can't go and say i want to do something else if they picked me with the intent for a specific position

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
What i should say is that i could put (any) for my positions. I'd get picked but the captain may have had different plans for me than what i know i can do more effectively on a specific map. I can't go and say i want to do something else if they picked me with the intent for a specific position
Makes sense. From what I remember, players usually have a specific position in mind. We'll have to see though, most of the captains aren't assholes and will let you play what you want.

Reactions: Sin

Application-1

test bester
giphy.gif

I will stream the pugs probably. https://www.twitch.tv/vandergrift_
Gonna archive them and maybe upload.

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
We should start doing duo casts so people who are sitting out can watch. Maybe then fat-kidding people for quality 8v8s would be a little more acceptable (not every match, maybe 25% ish).