Gaming PC Build?

Hey guys. I'm really considering building a pc that wouldn't be expensive, but would also be fairly good when it comes to gaming. I have a $500 budget and it would be really great if you guys could help me out with finding some of the best parts that you guys know of the complete the build as I really don't know much about pc parts lol.
I don't want all the fancy stuff, just the monitor, cpu, graphics card, memory card and whatever necessary essential that I left out.
Also the games that I play the most are Legions (ofcourse) and RuneScape.
Thanks in advance :D

Mr.Mister

Try logicalincrements.com if you want a quick guide.

Otherwise, go look up some tips online and start shoppin. I will say though, that for the games you're playin you should get a mid-grade. You don't need any monster gaming graphics and processors to play those things.

Poponfu

Lead Developer
Put it together yourself and you will save lots. It is easy as opening one of the thousands of sites explaining it and following maybe 15 steps.

IzSid

Honored Hero
You don't need a CPU cooler,the cpu you're getting come with a stock one. You need a power supply, 400w should be fine. Everything else looks fine, you don't need much to run legions.

Sin

Private Tester
I would suggest a full ATX motherboard. Building on micro/mini atx and itx boards can be a hassle.

Sid is right, you won't need an aftermarket cooler for that processor. It will come with stock.

Also, a 750ti is getting pretty old. I would suggest a Radeon 270x, that card will spank a 750ti all night long for ~$15 more. However, if you're worried about power consumption then that would bring the 750ti back into play. The 270x will eat up some power.

Messed with your build a little, added a solid PSU and changed the card. Removed the aftermarket cooler. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/HtvDYJ

Sin

Private Tester
I have a $500 budget

I am bad at budgets

:| Yes that build is better but if he's trying to stay under $500, an AMD CPU is almost a necessity.

However, if you can wait, maybe try out Black Friday sales. DO NOT WAIT FOR CYBER MONDAY. Black Friday online deals>>>>>>>>>Cyber Monday deals. Trust me.

You could make some killer deals and get a pretty nice rig if the prices drop as much as they did last year.

Alright. I guess it's sin's setup since it's way cheaper, however, if I see a huge reduction in prices I'll go with Jordahan's or maybe even a better one. Thanks everyone.
I'll keep you updated.

Last edited:

Sin

Private Tester
I really would recommend waiting and purchasing stuff on black friday. There are killer deals.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Here's another build, it's very similar to what I built my son for his birthday earlier this year and it's basically the same as what Sin posted but with an Intel chipset. The CPU is weak (Pentium G3258) but it's about $45 cheaper, and can have a longer life span if you want to throw in an i5 further down the road. FX6300 to a FX8320 (or whatever it is) isn't a huge leap for games. Also, while I do have an affinity for Radeon GPUs, I switched out the 270x for a Geforce GTX 960. Performance is similar but I've got more faith in Nvidia drivers.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KWCkYJ

So you can use the extra money to buy yourself some peripherals (keyboard + mouse), an OS (if you don't have it), or a cheap monitor. Like Sin said, with Black Friday right around the corner, you might as well wait for the deals that will be available then.

My son's build was the G3258 paired up with a Radeon 270X, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, ASUS H81 mobo. He doesn't play that Runescape game, but it played that Ark: Survival Evolved smoothly. And if it can handle that game, it should run Runescape no problem. Legions it shouldn't even break a sweat.

I really would recommend waiting and purchasing stuff on black friday. There are killer deals.
Yeah I'm gonna wait until Black Friday. Maybe even Christmas if I can get more money and build even a better one.

Here's another build, it's very similar to what I built my son for his birthday earlier this year and it's basically the same as what Sin posted but with an Intel chipset. The CPU is weak (Pentium G3258) but it's about $45 cheaper, and can have a longer life span if you want to throw in an i5 further down the road. FX6300 to a FX8320 (or whatever it is) isn't a huge leap for games. Also, while I do have an affinity for Radeon GPUs, I switched out the 270x for a Geforce GTX 960. Performance is similar but I've got more faith in Nvidia drivers.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KWCkYJ

So you can use the extra money to buy yourself some peripherals (keyboard + mouse), an OS (if you don't have it), or a cheap monitor. Like Sin said, with Black Friday right around the corner, you might as well wait for the deals that will be available then.

My son's build was the G3258 paired up with a Radeon 270X, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, ASUS H81 mobo. He doesn't play that Runescape game, but it played that Ark: Survival Evolved smoothly. And if it can handle that game, it should run Runescape no problem. Legions it shouldn't even break a sweat.

Sweet. I personally trust NVIDIA drivers even graphics more. There's just something about them. Also if I can just link you this
, this is what graphics would look like with a gtx 970 on runescape. I would personally like mine to look as good.
So if anyone knows if there are better graphics cards than the gtx 970 that are cheaper or ones as good as it that are cheaper, or even ones that are much better and not that more expensive you can also give your feedback.
The OS is free now I guess because they dont have a price assigned to windows 7 home premium 32/64 bit so I guess it comes as a complementary gift or something.
Also I have a razer deathadder. the 3.5k dpi edition with the blue logo. I personally love my deathadder and anything above 3.5k dpi is probably if you're trying to test who can move their mouse the fastest or something lol. I'm fine with this. I've had it for almost 2 years now and it still works like a charm. I'll probably think about purchasing a monitor as the one I had for about 7 years now still has that huge back. It's 2k15 I needa keep up to date. :p

Again thanks to everyone for giving me your feedback and advising me. More builds are still welcomed and appreciated. :)

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Checked out Runescape (and watched as much of that video with the elevator music that I could tolerate), and apparently it's much more CPU-bound than GPU-bound. So you'd probably be better off going with a build like Sin's (FX 6300).

Quickly threw together a similar build for you:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/6krsTW

Here's a video of a guy playing Runescape on a FX 6300. Your performance should be even better (as the guy is using an old ass'd GPU in it).

Checked out Runescape (and watched as much of that video with the elevator music that I could tolerate), and apparently it's much more CPU-bound than GPU-bound. So you'd probably be better off going with a build like Sin's (FX 6300).

Quickly threw together a similar build for you:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/6krsTW

Here's a video of a guy playing Runescape on a FX 6300. Your performance should be even better (as the guy is using an old ass'd GPU in it).
Sweet. Thanks!