PuG NIGHT BOYS

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
Dont-Forget.jpg

57thEnryu

I might make it tonight, might...it depends on if I will be at my parents house (with internet) or my new house (with no internet currently) tonight

Oh yeah phase 1 of my PC is built, ill post pics later

Fixious

Test Lead
Sorry for killing PUGs for a bit. Just wanted a re-pick for Zenith and all would've been fine. Guess I went overboard.

Lets keep 'em going for next week! What were the main issues with FrostbytePUG?

Last edited:

Application-1

test bester
What were the main issues with FrostbytePUG?
Well the fact that pop wanted to fix back routes being OP but instead just making even stronger backroutes is probably the main one.

Also adding a random bowl so that the other team has 2 does not help if the new bowl does not face towards the enemy base.

What I think would fix backroutes is if the areas behind the bases were layed out in such a way where speed could be maintained but not gained (unless you RJ or something). So that a front that goes out in the back is still fine to do but a backroute does not come in at over a 120+ speed.

Also face the fact that frostbyte base are close to eachother so a backroute that would come in at 80 gets the flag and rocketjumps still does a strong backroute. It is the nature of the foaty game we play.

Also Frostbyte does not have to be changed imo. Tweaks to some big maps like fallout could be more usefull as we tend to play 10v10+ mostly.

GIF tax:
rQXrvFe.gif

yami

Private Tester
Is it too soon to try to spread to another day? We had 'round 24 at some point, if we even get half of that we could have a few decent 6v6s. At the very least get some population in the servers.

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
Weekday or weekend? Anyone have a preference? We could just do Friday and Saturday at the same time (or something else).

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Is it too soon to try to spread to another day? We had 'round 24 at some point, if we even get half of that we could have a few decent 6v6s. At the very least get some population in the servers.

What I'm most worried about this is that over-saturation and boredom with the game could quite easily kill these pugs nights off.

Weekday or weekend? Anyone have a preference? We could just do Friday and Saturday at the same time (or something else).

Don't care what date but a more friendly euro time would be very appreciated. Don't mind if its later in the evenings but 1-2am starttime it not fun

Application-1

test bester
I would keep it as it is. If for example I would have known we had pugs again on lets say wednesday I would not have joined last time as I was tired.

yami

Private Tester
Maybe next Saturday people can discuss adding days for pick ups.
Regardless, I would pub if I could ever find anybody in the servers, but that's not an easy task. Since the number of people playing these days is so small I think there needs to be some amount of coordination if people want to pub, to that end I suggest 9pm (EST) to be the daily "open gym" time, where you can get on and have some hope of not being the only one in the server.

Here's one of those "dank memes" the kids are so crazy about these days.
61928320.jpg

Meet in team speak, as I won't be sitting in the launcher refreshing the server list. I plan to be there most weekdays from 9-10. i have nothing going on in my life right now, can you tell?

Jello

Contributor
Would anyone be willing to try this as a PUG map, I mean a 6v6 or 7v7 wouldn't be bad on here.....
I tried keeping it simple with the routes though, there are other ones I could've done...